British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Leicester Monday 19th June Live on Eurosport

37 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure how that would make a difference tbh?

The difference being is that, Klindt & Jorgensen have been very unreliable & therefore could be beaten in heat 8 whereas the outcome is unlikely with Laguta in heat 8.

At the end of the day, this is going to be a big struggle for King's Lynn regardless of where the R/R is. Heats 2,3,4 & 5 already look like 5-1s in Leicester's favour. Klindt has to maintain his form from the last 2 meetings to stand any chance in this meeting, it could be embarrassing TV. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The difference being is that, Klindt & Jorgensen have been very unreliable & therefore could be beaten in heat 8 whereas the outcome is unlikely with Laguta in heat 8.

At the end of the day, this is going to be a big struggle for King's Lynn regardless of where the R/R is. Heats 2,3,4 & 5 already look like 5-1s in Leicester's favour. Klindt has to maintain his form from the last 2 meetings to stand any chance in this meeting, it could be embarrassing TV. 

That's the spirit :D

Harris and Lawson concern me, that's a great pairing at Lynn. I think the comment from szkocjasid referred to me saying that it might be seen as good to get R/R rides out of the way early, I can't think of a reason why but nine times out of ten teams run it at 2 so there must be a logic.

Edited by Bagpuss

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

At least kings lynn are finally getting on live TV tonight. Usually they make an excuse and call it off lol

It’s not to late for that to happen yet 

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That's the spirit :D

Harris and Lawson concern me, that's a great pairing at Lynn. I think the comment from szkocjasid referred to me saying that it might be seen as good to get R/R rides out of the way early, I can't think of a reason why but nine times out of ten teams run it at 2 so there must be a logic.

The majority of the times teams run with r/r it's for a second string with the rides mainly being taken up by reserves, putting r/r at 2 in that situation makes sense as your reserve is out with the number one. Not so in this case.

Yes my comment was asking why finishing up the r/r rides early would be an advantage?

Edited by szkocjasid

56 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

One thing I will say is, if Lynn are using the former world champ to beat Sedgmen & the rising star because they don't trust any others to do that - they must be expecting to get thrashed & putting r/r at 2 is their plan to ensure they score 30+ points?

Surprised Morris is at 5 tonight, I would've swapped Nicki and Lawson around considering Harris also goes well around KL.

Leicester to win now that they've finally hit their stride and they're dark horses for the title imo.

• Like 1

As a neutral (although I have a soft spot for Kings Lynn having been there many times when holidaying in fabulous Norfolk), a Kings Lynn win would keep things very interesting for the 4th play off spot between Leicester and Ipswich.

20 minutes ago, TTT said:

Surprised Morris is at 5 tonight, I would've swapped Nicki and Lawson around considering Harris also goes well around KL.

Leicester to win now that they've finally hit their stride and they're dark horses for the title imo.

It's a partnership they're looking to exploit, capable of 5-1s & King's Lynn's weaknesses may not be able to cover off that damage. +8 from that partnership would see a win & then use the others to cover 3-3s vs Laguta. 

Tactically, it looks like Leicester have set up perfectly 

50 minutes ago, TTT said:

I think most team managers stick to the same riding order no matter what, I see no reason why Morris can't be 5 at home but not away?

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think most team managers stick to the same riding order no matter what, I see no reason why Morris can't be 5 at home but not away?

Will it be the same Nick Morris who guested for us 3 weeks ago vs Sheffield? 

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Have you been sniffing glue?... if so then I want some! Haha

OK, Can we all just like this post and then we can all move on with the meeting tonight...

Yes if you've got Sky Q you've also got the Discovery+ app with Sports

Yes Eurosport is a joke

Yes the camera angles are crap

Yes Tatum is Good/Crap (delete as appropriate)

Yes they missed that pass

Yes King's Lynn is not as good a race track as it used to be, because of the surface

Yes why aren't they televising the Belle Vue match (every week!)

Yes Buster is Satan/God, again delete as appropriate

etc. etc.

:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

OK, Can we all just like this post and then we can all move on with the meeting tonight...

Yes if you've got Sky Q you've also got the Discovery+ app with Sports

Yes Eurosport is a joke

Yes the camera angles are crap

Yes Tatum is Good/Crap (delete as appropriate)

Yes they missed that pass

Yes King's Lynn is not as good a race track as it used to be, because of the surface

Yes why aren't they televising the Belle Vue match (every week!)

Yes Buster is Satan/God, again delete as appropriate

etc. etc.

:D

You forgot...

Why is Bomber only riding for the team he is contracted to?

Have they changed the rules?? :D

• Haha 1

just don't do the Tatum-er drinking game