British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Plymouth v Oxford - Tue 20th June - Champ

Isn't all Pits communication via Clerk of the Course with the Referee? 

36 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Doesn't the machine examiner only inspect machinery once (before the meeting) ?

From the regs - see b) the machine examiner should inspect the bikes to ensure they conform with the regs before each heat

02.2.6 Machine Examiner
Is to both certify that all rider motorcycles and personal equipment conforms 
to the Regulations and is in a safe condition both before and during the 
Meeting. 
Specifically, the Machine Examiner must:
a) be readily available in the pits area during the meeting
b) inspect all motorcycles to confirm they comply with the Speedway 
Regulations: prior to the start of a meeting; immediately before the 
start of each heat; following an accident; if appropriate at the end 
of any heat; at other times upon the instruction of the Referee who 
may also order the Pits Marshal to keep a motorcycle on track by 
closing the pit gate
c) sign the Technical Control Form, noting results of specific checks 
undertaken
d) that tyres have been distributed according to the Regulations and 
mark the 2nd tyres being used a ‘spare’ confirming their compliance
e) take possession of any rider’s motorcycle, equipment or helmet 
that is deemed unsafe or in violation of these Regulations. The 
straps on a helmet may be cut only with the permission of the rider,
in which case it is returned to the rider, otherwise the helmet is 
passed to the Referee
f) approve temporary repairs to rider clothing if damaged during the 
meeting
g) assist an SCB Technical Steward to carry out such duties as 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lewy said:

No you are wrong 100%,Garry  did not want Atkins to leave it was totally his decision to go,or his and his dad's. 

Henry Atkins has had the last laugh, though.  He wasn't treated in a professional manner at Plymouth, but is now flourishing elsewhere.  

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, HGould said:

Isn't all Pits communication via Clerk of the Course with the Referee? 

What's your point caller?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Henry Atkins has had the last laugh, though.  He wasn't treated in a professional manner at Plymouth, but is now flourishing elsewhere.  

To be fair to all don't think it was Plymouth being unprofessional

At the time, Henry's dad felt that he should be getting 4 rides.

37 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

At the time, Henry's dad felt that he should be getting 4 rides.

At the time Henry was the weaker reserve by far,dan gilkes was absolutely flying so he was getting more rides,Atkins wasn't happy and withheld his services, he also stopped riding for Plymouths nl team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lewy said:

At the time Henry was the weaker reserve by far,dan gilkes was absolutely flying so he was getting more rides,Atkins wasn't happy and withheld his services, he also stopped riding for Plymouths nl team.

It was very much the same at Somerset with Anders Rowe as the other reserve. Atkins is doing well enough at Oxford with a much weaker reserve partner but you would have to wonder what might happen if his average put him into the top 5 & Heeps or Jenkins drop to reserve & he only got the minimum 3 rides. I guess watch this space....

• Like 2

I like to read all the posts but I’d like to hear from the promotion what there going to do to halt this shocking season most teams make changes when it’s going belly up not Plymouth (at the moment) but need to I hear there are a lack of riders but other teams managing it if it’s down to money that’s fair enough I’ll except that the financial crisis is hitting everyone but. It’s the wall of silence which is worrying.

9 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I like to read all the posts but I’d like to hear from the promotion what there going to do to halt this shocking season most teams make changes when it’s going belly up not Plymouth (at the moment) but need to I hear there are a lack of riders but other teams managing it if it’s down to money that’s fair enough I’ll except that the financial crisis is hitting everyone but. It’s the wall of silence which is worrying.

Go and speak to Garry May in the pits before the meeting he's very approachable and will give you all the answers to any questions you want answering much better than bleating on about things on the bsf,at least you'll have a better idea of the difficulties involved with putting a team together, then you your bleating may be a bit more educated. Garry will welcome a conversation with you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technik said:

It was very much the same at Somerset with Anders Rowe as the other reserve. Atkins is doing well enough at Oxford with a much weaker reserve partner but you would have to wonder what might happen if his average put him into the top 5 & Heeps or Jenkins drop to reserve & he only got the minimum 3 rides. I guess watch this space....

Surely lightning doesn't strike 3 times:blush:I would think if that situation arose he would have learnt a lesson by now,he'd be foolish to rock the boat at Oxford because he's definitely going well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lewy said:

Go and speak to Garry May in the pits before the meeting he's very approachable and will give you all the answers to any questions you want answering much better than bleating on about things on the bsf,at least you'll have a better idea of the difficulties involved with putting a team together, then you your bleating may be a bit more educated. Garry will welcome a conversation with you. 

Trying to get riders to the west country on a Tuesday can't help.

21 minutes ago, weatherman said:

Trying to get riders to the west country on a Tuesday can't help.

Reading between lines Sam hagon interview on bsn last night sounds like was offered Plymouth but rides in Poland on Tuesdays 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lewy said:

Fair enough, I take your point on board I don’t agree with it but your entitled to your opinion on a forum just like I am.the ins and outs don’t interest me, I just want value for money from watching my team and at the moment it’s not happening when my football team lose I get the hump also by the way, because I love my sport sorry if I sounded to harsh I just find it perplexing why something is not being done to stop the rot .just like a lot of other fans are wondering the same thing as I said if it’s financial fine I get it if riders don’t want to come here because it’s a Tuesday track I get that also.but if people no then everyone supporters that is would be a lot more understanding.

• Like 1