British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, CTD26 said:

Great meeting all things considered when it was chucking it down at 7.25. Thought the track came into its own and wasn’t the gate and go a lot of people expected.

Congrats to Dan on another title and to Stevie for getting the wildcard. Might shut the other worrall up for a bit.

Even on a different track like the moaners are wishing, I can only imagine Dan would clean up again. His ability to just turn it on when he needs to is ridiculous. The pass on Brennan and then his first 2 corners in the final were just exquisite. 

Had a few concerns about the line up throughout the day but thought it was a decent enough field. Although I do think that other than the defending champ, there should be a qualification process so we get the truly best 16 riders GB has to offer at the time.

He's a very talented young rider of course but no certainty in that. I do think though that other venues would provide different challenges and as much as the Grand Prix is lauded by many as achieving a worthy world champ I see this argument as pretty much the same. The British Championship series would be one I'd be interested in attending/watching. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Gotta love the bulldog spirit of Barker

Barkers career should have been so much better if he wasn’t such wasted talent throughout it.Very unprofessional but 100% racer and entertainer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ace no.5 said:

Thought it was announced as the quickest first lap ever on the track...! He absolutely flew round onto the back straight! 

:blink::D

It was like an ice speedway bike the way it went straight wheeled into the dirt berm...

Bruce Cribb used to blitz track records on the shale..

Dan's MX days of "riding the berm" would also have helped, foot forward not leg trailing...

28 minutes ago, Ace no.5 said:

Thought it was announced as the quickest first lap ever on the track...! He absolutely flew round onto the back straight! 

:blink::D

Transponders only been on this season so can only look back to start of year. So won’t know if it’s fastest ever. But deffo fastest this season 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Wasn’t Connor Bailey supposed to be in when so many dropped out.

was he available? thought i read he was in poland

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, therefused said:

Maybe, it’s just I thought I had seen a snippet on the internet yesterday afternoon that he was in. It maybe I should have gone to Specsavers.

3 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Lucky that Rory S was injured coz he wouldn't of put a shift in like Barker, Harris, Lambert and a few others did, just show's what can be done if ya got big enough balls and not afraid to attack the track.

If schlein was there the meeting wouldn’t have taken place he would have talked all the young lads out of it.

• Like 2

Well done to all the riders and track staff for providing a good meeting under very difficult circumstances.

Very good to see Simon Lambert do well.

Charles Wright missing his Tuesday and Wednesday meetings due to his leg injury!

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Unlikely as Poland under 24's are on Tuesday and Connor should be at Redcar on Tuesday.

45 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Unlikely as Poland under 24's are on Tuesday and Connor should be at Redcar on Tuesday.

Riding for Redcar, but hopefully he's turning up in Plymouth!

7 hours ago, geoff100 said:

R.lawson doesnt get on with his own shadow,steve is a gentleman through and through its r.lawson big loss his dad got him where he is today be nice if he one day shows some thanks.

What’s the story with Lawson and his dad not getting on?

Why does Ellis always get criticised on this forum? 

Former British Champion and it's hardly a coincidence that he always features in the engine room of British clubs that end up winning silverware, Underrated rider imo.

Good to see Dan retaining his title again last night.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Riding for Redcar, but hopefully he's turning up in Plymouth!

Senior moment :blush: