British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, Technik said:

Whilst I agree that professional sportspeople need to be aware about what they are taking it is near impossible to know what goes into over the counter drugs & with different brands having slightly different make ups. In the past I have asked a pharmasist for drugs that conform with the IOF list & the reply I got was "I think these are OK"... Not exactly inspiring confidence when you get that answer from someone who should be regarded as an expert.

All that said when selected for a drug test the selected competitor will be asked to declare any & all medication they have used recently & that will include even the most innocent sounding such as birth control, paracetomol or even a covid jab

Back in 2008, I was rushed into hospital with high blood pressure. Seems it's a genetic problem, and my doctor put me on Beta Blockers and lisinopril-HCTZ. The following year (while i was still playing darts professionally), I was named on the US team for the World Cup. So, I checked the list of banned substances to make sure I was okay.

Beta blockers are a prohibited substance as they are "performance- enhancing". HCTZ is a diuretic, which makes it a prohibited substance; diuretics are often used as a "masking agent". So, I got my doctor to change my prescriptions. Now, with your comment about pharmacists in mind, I was taken aback to discover that my doctor was shocked at the idea of my prescriptions being on the banned list. Even though I don't compete anymore, I recently told my new doctor about the HCTZ (she has put me back on it), and she was just as shocked that it's banned.

It surprises me that there are so many people competing in sport these days - sports that have to abide by the WADA prohibired substance list - yet doctors have no idea what is and isn't okay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chunky said:

Back in 2008, I was rushed into hospital with high blood pressure. Seems it's a genetic problem, and my doctor put me on Beta Blockers and lisinopril-HCTZ. The following year (while i was still playing darts professionally), I was named on the US team for the World Cup. So, I checked the list of banned substances to make sure I was okay.

Beta blockers are a prohibited substance as they are "performance- enhancing". HCTZ is a diuretic, which makes it a prohibited substance; diuretics are often used as a "masking agent". So, I got my doctor to change my prescriptions. Now, with your comment about pharmacists in mind, I was taken aback to discover that my doctor was shocked at the idea of my prescriptions being on the banned list. Even though I don't compete anymore, I recently told my new doctor about the HCTZ (she has put me back on it), and she was just as shocked that it's banned.

It surprises me that there are so many people competing in sport these days - sports that have to abide by the WADA prohibired substance list - yet doctors have no idea what is and isn't okay.

darts i thought the idea was to drink as my pints as you could while playing.:drink:

• Haha 3

They do need to test the drugs,, as they are getting weaker,,, I don't get anywhere near as high as I used to 

• Haha 3

On 7/19/2023 at 3:23 PM, DazS said:

darts i thought the idea was to drink as my pints as you could while playing.:drink:

And hit the board.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:27 PM, Baldyman said:

They do need to test the drugs,, as they are getting weaker,,, I don't get anywhere near as high as I used to 

Cut far to much these days:)

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2023 at 1:47 PM, DazS said:

as you know its not optional, do as we say or we will end your career, authority loves to make you think its yes or no. the word drug covers a very wide range of things. you see your mind set is go thru a red light you should be fined. speeding you should be fined/ or banned, even though you may not of harmed anyone. id say you would fail the Milgram experiment they did in the sixties. I'm not saying you should be able to ride drugged up or drunk. but if you are acting normal whatever that means these days, no one should be able to tell you what to do. might sound mad to you, but you have been trained how to think, a bit like commentators repeating you could throw a blanket over all of them, and all the other stuff. Sorry if it confuses you. but i know your answer.

F'kin ell. You can be smacked off ya t!ts but if you're acting normal it should be ok:rofl:

A perfect example of where society has gone wrong. 

Drink & drug driving / riding in any world / sport is NOT ok 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

F'kin ell. You can be smacked off ya t!ts but if you're acting normal it should be ok:rofl:

A perfect example of where society has gone wrong. 

Drink & drug driving / riding in any world / sport is NOT ok 

you haven't a clue where society is going . so you dont know the difference some one smacked of their t*ts, and some one normal.:rofl:

Edited by DazS

2 hours ago, DazS said:

you haven't a clue where society is going . so you dont know the difference some one smacked of their t*ts, and some one normal.:rofl:

In your case, I think it's pretty easy to tell the difference!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DazS said:

I know full well how society is going & it's bloody scary when some think it's acceptable to drink & drug drive / ride

• Like 1

lets see now whos life's are at risk here, dont think the bull s**t scientist taking their p8ss is, i wonder if the actual riders them selves should make the decision, i am presuming they know each other and could tell the difference between some one off their t*ts as you put it and someone acting (normal)but that would be common sense and we all know what's happened to that as your proving.

13 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I know full well how society is going & it's bloody scary when some think it's acceptable to drink & drug drive / ride

idiot point out where i have said its acceptable to ride drunk or drugged up. you snow flake. you dont work at one of the airports do you who check old peoples luggage for bombs:shock:

Edited by DazS
added confusion

It must be about time for Nick Morris to have a hearing. I'm sure there has been ample time for both sides to get their acts together.

27 minutes ago, Technik said:

It must be about time for Nick Morris to have a hearing. I'm sure there has been ample time for both sides to get their acts together.

Later this week

When a incident happened were the participants drug tested, did they get banned or did a promoter pay for the incident to go away?

have we ever had a incident on track where it was proved later the cause was drink or drug related.??