British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Edinburgh Vs Poole 4th August

2 minutes ago, fliss44 said:

This was the comment that I felt was unconscionable

It’s at every motor sports stadium. Just because I mentioned it doesn’t mean I don’t hope the cameramen gets well soon. Hopefully we will wake up to good news in the morning.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s at every motor sports stadium. Just because I mentioned it doesn’t mean I don’t hope the cameramen gets well soon. Hopefully we will wake up to good news in the morning.

Maybe time to  switch the phone off and try again tomorrow.

Don’t forget that sometimes Scottish Law and English Law are different. Police closed the meeting for further investigation according to Greg Blair. 

• Like 1

Danny Ford has said, 

“Anyone who was watching the live stream like I was, it looked nasty. Hopefully Craig is okay as well as that cameraman, because it was quite nasty.”

He added: “I’ve not seen anything like that (before) and that makes you reassess things.

Certified members of the press are allowed on the outer part of the track, so it makes you rethink our own situation, just to make sure we’re covered in every regard with regards to health and safety because these situations can cause irreparable damage to be honest.”

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/23703225.danny-ford-edinburgh-v-poole-pirates-abandonment/

Edited by Steve Shovlar

18 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Don’t forget that sometimes Scottish Law and English Law are different. Police closed the meeting for further investigation according to Greg Blair. 

Completely understandable and would believe it would happen regardless of being in Scotland or England. We should imagine the police would want to speak to certain witnesses plus view the footage from BSN.

• Like 1

Best wishes to all those affected. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

And for people asking for refunds on BSN you’re an embarrassment.

You're kidding me? 

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Best wishes to all those affected. 

You're kidding me? 

I really wish I was BSN have had to make a statement on their Facebook page as People have been asking for refunds and an on demand version of the stream.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Meeting abandoned. First of all best wishes to the cameraman. Hope he isn’t too badly injured and makes a speedy recovery. 

Secondly so sorry for all the Poole fans who made the 11 hour journey up to Edinburgh at a very big expense. A couple of hundred quid in fuel plus everything on top.

A freak accident. Such a shame. 

Good post, hope he’s ok.

10 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Good post, hope he’s ok.

So OK people are asking for a refund on BSN !! Well give them it & also politely ask them for a donation towards the camera man to help cover his cost of living bills etc as most camera men are self employed & it costs them to upload any images the take  for us fans to enjoy 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

And for people asking for refunds on BSN you’re an embarrassment.

Gutted to read the events of last night. I can only add that my very best wishes go to the cameraman and Craig and hopefully they'll both make a full recovery.

As for the moaners and refund seekers it would be good to see people display some common sense and respect for once. I hope they set up a fund to help those injured last night to at least help them with the short term difficulties that are going to be faced by the victim and his family.

Sadly all the old values in this country were virtually eradicated during the Thatcher years along with the current despicable cronies who have wrecked this country..

Whatever happened to empathy, integrity and respect eh.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jrs said:

Sadly all the old values in this country were virtually eradicated during the Thatcher years along with the current despicable cronies who have wrecked this country..

apart from the fact that those asking for refunds are probably leftwing work shy shiftless keyboard flicking types!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jrs said:

Gutted to read the events of last night. I can only add that my very best wishes go to the cameraman and Craig and hopefully they'll both make a full recovery.

As for the moaners and refund seekers it would be good to see people display some common sense and respect for once. I hope they set up a fund to help those injured last night to at least help them with the short term difficulties that are going to be faced by the victim and his family.

Empathy integrity and respect? Havent the unions banned them?:party:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, jrs said:

My goodness, some people don’t half hold a grudge. Mrs Thatcher was only Prime Minister for 11 years and stepped down over 30 years ago. Was she that powerful that she’s still having an impact? Next you’ll be saying that one of her successors, Tony Blair (PM for nearly as long) did no harm. 

• Like 5