Edinburgh Vs Poole 4th August

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Jobs for the boys have always existed along with family ties

Josh Bates... last seen tobogganing off into oblivion several years ago :D

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

Josh Bates... last seen tobogganing off into oblivion several years ago :D

Been watching the sport 51 years. And Josh Bates has to be the most eratic rider. I have witnessed to see. Complete menace on a bike.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mikebaker said:

Been watching the sport 51 years. And Josh Bates has to be the most eratic rider. I have witnessed to see. Complete menace on a bike.

I'm guessing you never saw Thierry Hilaire

• Haha 1

Or Scott "Scud" Smith... always seemed a whisker away from being in some kind of control when entering the bends... Also when Steve Johnston first came over, he was frightening to watch!

1 hour ago, mikebaker said:

Always punching above his weight!!:party:

One for the Poole fans, John Gould. Seem to remember him falling three times in one race.To be fair to him he could never be faulted for effort and I believe Boycey had a skid on his bike and thought the frame was bent, which would hardly be a surprise with the number of falls John had.

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

Or Scott "Scud" Smith... always seemed a whisker away from being in some kind of control when entering the bends... Also when Steve Johnston first came over, he was frightening to watch!

Scud would come down the straights his head looking at the sky at Berwick,just got it down in time to turn the bend(most of the time).Great guy though.Must have been scary to be in a race with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Would agree the bike took him round most of the time.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

I'm guessing you never saw Thierry Hilaire

Is he the French guy that rode for Milton Keynes in 1990. Must have seen him at Ellfield and Cleveland Park. Bates is more recent, obviously, so stands out. Take it he was a nutter as well.

3 hours ago, corfe pirate said:

One for the Poole fans, John Gould. Seem to remember him falling three times in one race.To be fair to him he could never be faulted for effort and I believe Boycey had a skid on his bike and thought the frame was bent, which would hardly be a surprise with the number of falls John had.

At Berwick John Gould crashed and his bike went straight over the safety fence and landed in the spectator area. Luckily no one was standing in that spot.

2 hours ago, mikebaker said:

Is he the French guy that rode for Milton Keynes in 1990. Must have seen him at Ellfield and Cleveland Park. Bates is more recent, obviously, so stands out. Take it he was a nutter as well.

That's the one, he also rode a few matches for Long Eaton which was where I saw him frighten the bejesus out of everyone.

Edited by arnieg