British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not every rider who starts out gets what Boughen has had from private lessons and track sessions to all new bikes and engines, which obviously helps.

You really don’t know what you’re talking about. 
he has not got new equipment they are Jordan Jenkins old engines. I guess you are one of the people spreading rumours that he was on GP tuned engines, the boy can ride any bike he was just as good at motorcross. Hence the reason he was racing at world youth level. He is the most laid back kid I know yes his dad has spent money on him but then so has a lot of parents over the years. If your son is talented like Ashton is I’m sure most parents would do the same. Maybe people should get behind him as this boy is certainly special. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Imagine being top and still changing the team because you are worried about everyone else. 

What like the Poo Pirates do every year 

Maybe as the self proclaimed biggest club in Britain you shouldve gazumped everyone and signed him to replace Adam Roynon

Edited by Triple.H.
Spelling mistake
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Maybe as the self proclaimed biggest club in Britain you shouldve gazumped everyone and signed him to replace Adam Roynom

Why would you take the bait 

Splash the cash Oxford. I heard they bought him 7 bikes 3 vans and an all expenses paid trip to the châteaux...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Maybe as the self proclaimed biggest club in Britain you shouldve gazumped everyone and signed him to replace Adam Roynom

Why? We don't need to buy the league to win it :D Oxford prob would have won with Luke anyway, obviously not enough faith in their team.

• Haha 1

Gotta say I'm surprised Oxford dropped Killeen. Boughen is obviously one for the future, but is he any better now? If he's signed as an asset can understand it though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Gotta say I'm surprised Oxford dropped Killeen. Boughen is obviously one for the future, but is he any better now? If he's signed as an asset can understand it though.

They sound worried. In the article it says it is to assure 1st place. Even though they are ahead of us and got the BP, nice to see we can still scare teams into changes :D

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They sound worried. In the article it says it is to assure 1st place. Even though they are ahead of us and got the BP, nice to see we can still scare teams into changes :D

It says we want to finish top as you also want your team too.

Be honest whoever finishes second is lumbered with Glasgow and Redcar.

Also gains the club an asset that even your promoters/manager would love to have onboard.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Imagine being top and still changing the team because you are worried about everyone else. 

But everyone at Oxford fully expects to finish second unless they win at Glasgow so striving to improve their chances is not unreasonable. Is that not exactly what Poole would do?

And why is everyone at Poole suddenly so obsessed with Oxford? It's almost as if they are so arrogant as to believe they have a divine right to be top and can't accept they are being challenged.

PS I still think Poole have the best team in the league and would be deserved champions if they win it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why? We don't need to buy the league to win it :D Oxford prob would have won with Luke anyway, obviously not enough faith in their team.

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:D

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Poole infestation of thread about a promising young rider signing for Oxford. Really can't help themselves :nono:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Triple.H. said:

It says we want to finish top as you also want your team too.

Be honest whoever finishes second is lumbered with Glasgow and Redcar.

Also gains the club an asset that even your promoters/manager would love to have onboard.

I'll behave now ;) 

Tbh this might be a bit random thinking (well it is me, so to be expected!) I would rather finish 3rd or 4th and beat everyone in the playoffs! Gain everything and lose nothing. Seen Poole finish top and win and just feel you have to win playoffs no matter what to justify finishing top and kinda stressful tbh. If you finish 4th and win final I feel it is even better as other team expected to win and you don't have the pressure. 

See told you it was random.

Tbh at this moment I would choose Glasgow! Only Plymouth have scored less at Poole lol. But see what happens Weds. 

Do playoffs count as the eight qualifying meetings to become asset or is it just normal league meetings?

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But everyone at Oxford fully expects to finish second unless they win at Glasgow so striving to improve their chances is not unreasonable. Is that not exactly what Poole would do?

And why is everyone at Poole suddenly so obsessed with Oxford? It's almost as if they are so arrogant as to believe they have a divine right to be top and can't accept they are being challenged.

PS I still think Poole have the best team in the league and would be deserved champions if they win it.

Umm Oxford making changes not Poole. If Poole were worried they would have made one? But only change is through injury. Oxford said it was to ensure 1st place so sounds like they are they ones worried about a challenge to me! 

• Haha 1