British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, weatherman said:

Can't believe people moaning sbout a swear word.

Come and work on some the sites I work on that'll give you something yo moan about.

I don't particularly like it but most youngsters male or female swear nowadays.

Personally I don't mind a bit of language... but he's not on the sites, he's being beamed into people's living rooms with all ages watching. I'm assuming BSN have to work within Ofcom guidelines, I don't know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Personally I don't mind a bit of language... but he's not on the sites, he's being beamed into people's living rooms with all ages watching. I'm assuming BSN have to work within Ofcom guidelines, I don't know

100% agree

He was completely justified in having the opinion that he had been taken out unfairly and putting it across on the BSN interview.

While watching the replay with Greg and saying "look he's just come F'ing through me and taken me out."

To which Greg had to rapidly apologies and say it was down to adrenaline and then instead of apologizing reaffirmed his early statement with, "it's not the first time he's done it" doesn't help.

The guy looks like an outstanding prospect and I'm sure is looking for sponsorship and support for 2024, maybe a quick word in the ear after an incident like that prior to going on TV would be a good idea for the future.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

100% agree

He was completely justified in having the opinion that he had been taken out unfairly and putting it across on the BSN interview.

While watching the replay with Greg and saying "look he's just come F'ing through me and taken me out."

To which Greg had to rapidly apologies and say it was down to adrenaline and then instead of apologizing reaffirmed his early statement with, "it's not the first time he's done it" doesn't help.

The guy looks like an outstanding prospect and I'm sure is looking for sponsorship and support for 2024, maybe a quick word in the ear after an incident like that prior to going on TV would be a good idea for the future.

Racing is going to get a lot tougher for than last night.Hope he can handle himself better in these situations.Ace was definitely at fault but he didn’t deliberately take him out,he lost control and the bike got away from him.Having watch Ace a lot I think he some times gets himself to far back on the bike at times in tight situations. ( only my opinion I’m sure I will be corrected)

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Racing is going to get a lot tougher for than last night.Hope he can handle himself better in these situations.Ace was definitely at fault but he didn’t deliberately take him out,he lost control and the bike got away from him.Having watch Ace a lot I think he some times gets himself to far back on the bike at times in tight situations. ( only my opinion I’m sure I will be corrected)

I agree regarding Ace, he always seems to be on the edge of falling off.

While on the subject, credit where it’s due to Ace Pijper on those first two bends of heat two and subsequent win.

We’re sending a lot of praise in the direction of Boughen and very rightly so, but Pijper has just turned seventeen and that win in heat two deserves credit.

Boughen made the gate and was riding high, appearing to be heading for the front when Pijper blocked the move coming off the second bend.

The crash was unfortunate. I can understand Boughen’s frustration, but having not been to a live meeting for many years, I forgot just how fast and just how close these guys get, going sideways.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

Really nice style and very fast when riding.

Ive not seen him live myself so only watched him a few times on TV.

He is young and as I have said, looks very good but does seem to shut off when he's in close contact with riders and needs a bit more aggression I'm first turns..

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, M.D said:

He is young and as I have said, looks very good but does seem to shut off when he's in close contact with riders and needs a bit more aggression I'm first turns..

No idea why anyone would laugh at that, seems like a balanced opinion.

He's struggled a little over the last couple of matches, hope he can score a few more points in his remaining meetings.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, M.D said:

Watched him at a Redcar on Friday on a very tricky track (more experienced team mates struggled early doors) and he did roll of every first bend after the start pretty sure he’ll learn with experience that h needs ti get elbows out and get involved with the tight first bends as always behind the eight ball if not, he did have the speed to catch up to Luke Harrison but never threatened to pass 

• Like 1

He's 16 and very inexperienced. We've all seen some surprising results from the lad, and some zeroes as well.
Let's give him a chance to show if he's really any good or not, eh?

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Ashton not quite living up to the hype.

That’s an incredible take.

The boy first rode a competitive speedway fixture less than twelve months ago and only turned sixteen about 40 days ago, so what exactly is it you’re expecting?

In my opinion, based on watching him live on two occasions, I’ve never saw a rider that age gate so competitively or enter corners with so much pace and confidence; his technique is beyond his years.

I’m a huge believer in giving youth an opportunity in any sport, but I assume you’re a Glasgow fan, so what are your thoughts on Ace Pijper scoring only 4 points across both meetings in comparison to Boughen’s 4+1?

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Thanks 1

He's going to be the envy of every other team in their building of next year since he's going to have had some experience but will still be on a 2 for 2024.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Ashton not quite living up to the hype.

He's fast, but he needs to learn racing and positioning around others. When you're the big fish in the small pond like he was until now, you don't need those skills. If he's the real deal, they will come.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Noelinho said:

He's fast, but he needs to learn racing and positioning around others. When you're the big fish in the small pond like he was until now, you don't need those skills. If he's the real deal, they will come.

He’s raced moto cross since he were very young,so I’m pretty sure he’s used to riding with others.