British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe 13th September 2023 Champ playoffs 1st leg

7 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Your forgetting Trackprat cannot count .

@Phil personal attack

Edited by Trackrat
  • Haha 2

If toft hadnt ridden most of the season completely unfit scunny would prob have made more of an impression near top of table, however after that excellent result they are prob  favs for the group.

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Bit surprised a tactical was allowed in a play off meeting.

Difference is this is a mini league rather than knockout ties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Bit surprised a tactical was allowed in a play off meeting.

Normal rules as its not a 2 legged tie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I awake in me usual b&b in Bournemouth already sipping a flat white coz I got a Nescafé coffee machine in me room :t:

Pirates, a disappointing night at the office sadly to lose a point but fair play to the Scorpions who proved they had a powerful sting in their tail ! 

Drew, as they did the meeting (well in old money), certainly turned in a rider of the night performance which came back to haunt us.

Ben felt the pain of the result more than anyone but the gutsy fighter got up & raced on, who knows how vital his 8pts cud prove to be. Could have been much worse if he was ruled out with injury both this result and going forward. Hope he wakes up today with no broken bones and he feels better soon.

Douglas did what Douglas does at the Pirate Ship but at least Lawson lowered his colours in heat 10. Crikey didn't we welcome that one! 

So let's reflect, things could've been a lot worse but we have 2 points on the board when it was close to being a doughnut & a rider out injured.

The Pirates fight on so don't rule us out!

C'mon the Boyzzzzz :t:

P.s the flat white was very nice :D

• Like 1

See a lot of talk about the track. Only caught first 5/6 heats but didn't think was anything up with it. Passing in heats 1 and 2, people trying different lines. Did it cut up later on or just go slick/ one line 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

See a lot of talk about the track. Only caught first 5/6 heats but didn't think was anything up with it. Passing in heats 1 and 2, people trying different lines. Did it cut up later on or just go slick/ one line 

Think a lot of people moaning about the track need to accept Scunthorpe came to do a job and they did it very well.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, iainb said:

I can think of one particular person who would be calling for Ben Cook to be excluded for having Jake Allen off on the run to the first turn if he rode for anybody else

I thought the Ref should have excluded Ben Cook.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

100%

Could probably have given Scorpions the victory!

He clearly came straight across from gate 4 and bashed straight into Jake Allen causing the stoppage

Just now, iainb said:

100%

Could probably have given Scorpions the victory!

He clearly came straight across from gate 4 and bashed straight into Jake Allen causing the stoppage

The ref should not be letting them angle in from gate 4 on the start line.Very strict on that in Poland,they have to line up square on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

on seeing the replay on the BSN stream i thought that could/should have been the outcome

watching live it looked like classic all four back to be fair

Edited by montie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, montie said:

on seeing the replay on the BSN stream i thought that could/should have been the outcome

watching live it looked like classic all for back to be fair

as mentioned previously the Ref is able to look at video replays... like he had to when he missed Nathan Ablitt clearly touching the tapes

3 hours ago, lbw said:

I awake in me usual b&b in Bournemouth already sipping a flat white coz I got a Nescafé coffee machine in me room :t:

Pirates, a disappointing night at the office sadly to lose a point but fair play to the Scorpions who proved they had a powerful sting in their tail ! 

Drew, as they did the meeting (well in old money), certainly turned in a rider of the night performance which came back to haunt us.

Ben felt the pain of the result more than anyone but the gutsy fighter got up & raced on, who knows how vital his 8pts cud prove to be. Could have been much worse if he was ruled out with injury both this result and going forward. Hope he wakes up today with no broken bones and he feels better soon.

Douglas did what Douglas does at the Pirate Ship but at least Lawson lowered his colours in heat 10. Crikey didn't we welcome that one! 

So let's reflect, things could've been a lot worse but we have 2 points on the board when it was close to being a doughnut & a rider out injured.

The Pirates fight on so don't rule us out!

C'mon the Boyzzzzz :t:

P.s the flat white was very nice :D

•  

Ben should of felt the fist of Allen accross his jaw, no room for that,bunching my ass,well done scorpions ,will only make them more determined to put thier hands on cup

2 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Ben should of felt the fist of Allen accross his jaw, no room for that,bunching my ass,well done scorpions ,will only make them more determined to put thier hands on cup

Those comments are totaly out of order.

You need to wind your neck in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Didn't Hans Andersen used to do that move all the time in his prime but never got excluded for it.