British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Glasgow - Play Offs - 13 Sept

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

If a rider’s average is produced in accordance with the rules and approved by the BSPL it isn’t a false average. Astute team managing in my opinion.

I disagree Neil.  When Tarasenko made his debut for Glasgow, his average was higher than when he was signed - to me that's what an ordinary Joe would call a 'false average'.  

18 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I disagree Neil.  When Tarasenko made his debut for Glasgow, his average was higher than when he was signed - to me that's what an ordinary Joe would call a 'false average'.  

Once again, astute use of the rule book - that still doesn’t make it a false average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Says it all, dont blame Glasgow at all. Good luck to them but the rule is wrong, anyone can see that except the promotions.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

It does kind of make you wonder where their heads are when they come up with this stuff, doesn't it!

Catch 22 I guess. Vote against it and you might need the rule later in the season ;)

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Once again, astute use of the rule book - that still doesn’t make it a false average.

You do realise if Glasgow win the league, we will have months of 'debating' his average or what it should be. So for everyone's sanity better hope Oxford or Poole win :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Catch 22 I guess. Vote against it and you might need the rule later in the season ;)

You do realise if Glasgow win the league, we will have months of 'debating' his average or what it should be. So for everyone's sanity better hope Oxford or Poole win :D

I would not moan, clever use of rules and good luck to Glasgow, Belle Vue did it last year and Glasgow this.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Glasgow getting in Tarasenko with a false average has made them into title favourites I think. 43-47

May win at home but not title favourites far to weak at reserve on the road. Poole or Oxford still win over 2 legs imo

13 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I think it depends on what you mean by 'false'.

Realistically Tarasenko was squeezed between Brady Kurtz and Tobi Musialak in the 2021 Polish averages (he didn't ride in 2022 due to still being Russian). That would make 7.00 an appropriate Premiership assessment and with a realistic conversion factor of 1.3 (as opposed to the absurd 1.5) he would be on 9.00 in the Championship. That would be a fair assessment.

So to the extent 5 is less than 9 (it is, I've checked) it is a false average.

Is 5.00 correct within the rules? Yes, and is therefore a true assessment and not a false one.

• Like 1

Getting away from Tarasenko I think a lot will depend on who is or isn't available on Wed. 

If both Heeps and Vissing miss the meeting then with r/r in place I'd say Glasgow may have the advantage. 

However the key could be if Ace Pjiper rides at reserve or not for The Tigers. 

If not could be see some more astute management (by The Promotion not the manager) and Luke Kileen booked as a guest? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Only one team gonna win the league Lisa, C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

I've already written the script with Ben Cook taking the lead role & Joe Thompson best supporting role!

:D

Glasgow Oxford can have whoever they want Cliff Lazarenko or any other darts player! :D

We av World Champion Scott Mitchell so Poole Pirates gonna win it all.

C'mon the Boyzzzzz :t:

Edited by lbw

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

The rules are wrong. How can you have the same rider assessed at the same average for both leagues .

Because everyone agreed that would be the rule. Therefore, they agreed that was the correct rule. Fine to change it by agreement, and it makes a lot of sense, but they decided that's how it would be.

• Like 1

Very clever and astute by the Glasgow promotion. Its within the rules so expect it to be tweaked at the AGM.

Matt Ford would be both annoyed and proud!:t::rofl:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Glasgow getting in Tarasenko with a false average has made them into title favourites I think. 43-47

Not for me, Poole don't have a weak link from 1-7 and are still pretty clear favourites IMO, as they have been all season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Very clever and astute by the Glasgow promotion. Its within the rules so expect it to be tweaked at the AGM.

Matt Ford would be both annoyed and proud!:t::rofl:

Glasgow did a Matt Ford move, they learned from the best, granted Tarasenko strengthened Glasgow, however we are still very weak at reserve and have a habit of capitulating in important meetings

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Getting away from Tarasenko I think a lot will depend on who is or isn't available on Wed. 

If both Heeps and Vissing miss the meeting then with r/r in place I'd say Glasgow may have the advantage. 

However the key could be if Ace Pjiper rides at reserve or not for The Tigers. 

If not could be see some more astute management (by The Promotion not the manager) and Luke Kileen booked as a guest? 

luke killeen is oxford no8 on wednesday ....... as far as iam aware jack smith is glasgows no7.

9 minutes ago, tigger63 said:

luke killeen is oxford no8 on wednesday ....... as far as iam aware jack smith is glasgows no7.

Well if Smith rides as well as he did yesterday he'll do a job.