British Speedway Forum
arnieg

NDL Riders Championship, Workington 24 September

NDLRC LINE-UP ANNOUNCED

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2023

THE list of competing riders for the National Development Riders’ Championship at Workington has been announced.

The meeting takes place on Sunday September 24 and all eight NDL clubs will be represented by two riders.

The draw itself will be made via British Speedway’s official X (formerly Twitter) feed, @speedwaygb this Tuesday evening at 7pm.

The qualifying riders are as follows: James Pearson, Jack Smith (Belle Vue), Steve Boxall, Danny Phillips (Berwick), Adam Roynon, Max Clegg (Edinburgh), Ben Morley, Nathan Ablitt (Kent), Dan Thompson, Joe Thompson (Leicester), Alfie Bowtell, Lee Complin (Mildenhall), Jordan Jenkins, Henry Atkins (Oxford), Connor Bailey, Sam McGurk (Workington).

How was qualification determined? It's not (as I assumed it would be) top two in September greensheets for each team as that would mean Luke Harrison should be the second Comets representative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

NDLRC LINE-UP ANNOUNCED

THE list of competing riders for the National Development Riders’ Championship at Workington has been announced.

The meeting takes place on Sunday September 24 and all eight NDL clubs will be represented by two riders.

The draw itself will be made via British Speedway’s official X (formerly Twitter) feed, @speedwaygb this Tuesday evening at 7pm.

The qualifying riders are as follows: James Pearson, Jack Smith (Belle Vue), Steve Boxall, Danny Phillips (Berwick), Adam Roynon, Max Clegg (Edinburgh), Ben Morley, Nathan Ablitt (Kent), Dan Thompson, Joe Thompson (Leicester), Alfie Bowtell, Lee Complin (Mildenhall), Jordan Jenkins, Henry Atkins (Oxford), Connor Bailey, Sam McGurk (Workington).

How was qualification determined? It's not (as I assumed it would be) top two in September greensheets for each team as that would mean Luke Harrison should be the second Comets representative.

It should be but this is speedway so the averages used were from July which are calculated to be a riders average for august. Everyone assumed it would be top 2 at time of meeting as the rules state but this is speedway. Also seems farcical that a rider who only did 1 meeting in July for his club and is currently suspended until after the meeting gets a selection.

• Confused 1

Unfortunately can see a few changes to line, due to injuries or I can't be bothered,  or in one rider banned !!

On 9/11/2023 at 5:22 PM, arnieg said:

NDLRC LINE-UP ANNOUNCED

Not even included in season pass on BSN ? Extra payment? 

11 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Jordan Jenkins and Henry Atkins will no doubt be at Oxford

Except the rule is that NDLRC takes priority. I reckon we are about to get an announcement that due to a poor forecast the NDLRC has been postponed

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Except the rule is that NDLRC takes priority. I reckon we are about to get an announcement that due to a poor forecast the NDLRC has been postponed

So if an NDL rider signs for a CL club during the season his CL fixtures take priority if there's a clash. But when it comes to NDLRC the NDL takes priority. 

No consistency there.

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

So if an NDL rider signs for a CL club during the season his CL fixtures take priority if there's a clash. But when it comes to NDLRC the NDL takes priority. 

No consistency there.

Different when it is a restaging though especially when Oxford not riding on 'their' night. 

1 minute ago, Triple.H. said:

No consistency there.

That is the rule as I understand it. CL always takes priority except for the NDLRC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Different when it is a restaging though especially when Oxford not riding on 'their' night. 

Don't think it being a  're-staging' makes any difference. 

Just now, arnieg said:

Don't think it being a  're-staging' makes any difference. 

It has done when Prem used a Champ night before. The riders rode for the Champ club. But that was last season, so may have changed. I just assumed the same when going with NL and Champ. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It has done when Prem used a Champ night before. The riders rode for the Champ club. But that was last season, so may have changed. I just assumed the same when going with NL and Champ. 

No NDL always gets shat on. Think you are probably right about Prem teams riding on Championship race nights though.