British Speedway Forum
Berry9

Vadim Tarasenko

1 hour ago, Berry9 said:

Where in that statement does he denounce Russia and Putin?  Its a carefully drafted statement of convenience that's all.  I am not blaming sportsmen for Russias invasion but surely a blanket ban on anything Russian sends the right message and letting someone in through the back door is not playing ball

Pathetic. You're either on here to score points off the war or trying to question the character of someone whose spoken out against it. Either way both options are beyond the pale and beyond contemptible 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Berry9 said:

I know sport and politics should not be mixed but as an I am appalled that Glasgow have signed  Russian rider.  As far as I am concerned every point  he and his uncle take is stained with Ukrainian blood.  Shame on the BSPL for sanctioning it.

I can’t believe what I am reading. You’ve contradicted yourself in one opening sentence. What evidence do you have for making such a dreadful comment? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I understand and agree with your position to an extent however we've got to be realistic here. If you were Russian would you come out publicly and denounce a despot who thinks nothing of bumping off dissenters? Not sure i would. His statement is as clear as he can probably safely (for him and his family) be. He has strong links to Poland so there's no reason he shouldn't race on a Polish licence. 

I think this is the balanced opinion. I would have been more hardline in 2022 but realistically people like Laguta, Emil and Tarasenko have said what they can. I’m sure Poland isn’t in the business of handing out passports Willy-nilly right now either.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, HGould said:

Read some history you pillock and not the Daily Mail. 

The 3 Russians riding in UK have no affiliation to Putin, have taken Polish licences and deserve to be welcomed here. 

Not everyone in taken in by the puppet in Kyiv. 

In fact they stopped riding for Russia long before Putin invaded Ukraine

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Berry9 said:

I know sport and politics should not be mixed but as an I am appalled that Glasgow have signed  Russian rider.  As far as I am concerned every point  he and his uncle take is stained with Ukrainian blood.  Shame on the BSPL for sanctioning it.

War is never one sided. And the only Ukrainians I have ever met have all been drunken louts so I can't really take a side. Besides, Mr Tarasenko seems a genuinely nice guy both on and off the track so I'm very happy that he's racing for the Tigers.

Btw, did you also call for all British and American riders to be banned from racing in speedway during the illegal invasion of Iraq? Thought not...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Emil was riding at Cardiff? 

You're correct, but definitely seen him riding  somewhere without a flag/colours against his name. Maybe dodgy eurosport graphics,,, unless I have totally lost the plot. :t:

As far as I'm aware Loophole Lenin doesn't even own a furry hat or drink vodka 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

You're correct, but definitely seen him riding  somewhere without a flag/colours against his name. Maybe dodgy eurosport graphics,,, unless I have totally lost the plot. :t:

The British gp had a list of previous winners at Cardiff Emil was on it but no flag next to his name so you’re not imagining things haha. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Read some history you pillock and not the Daily Mail. 

The 3 Russians riding in UK have no affiliation to Putin, have taken Polish licences and deserve to be welcomed here. 

Not everyone in taken in by the puppet in Kyiv. 

I expected people to support Tarasenko on this thread but didn’t expect to see the Ukrainian regime attacked.

Daily Mail is fair game though.

31 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

The British gp had a list of previous winners at Cardiff Emil was on it but no flag next to his name so you’re not imagining things haha. 

Did everyone else have a flag next to their's?

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Did everyone else have a flag next to their's?

Someone stuck a Russian flag next to everyone, was reported to be a serious mistake and questions need answered.

14 hours ago, Hodgy said:

I can’t believe what I am reading. You’ve contradicted yourself in one opening sentence. What evidence do you have for making such a dreadful comment? 

Are you on crack?

He's a Russian 

Glasgow signed him

Russians are killing Ukrainians.

You are obviously devoid of a moral compass 

Edited by Berry9
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

I expected people to support Tarasenko on this thread but didn’t expect to see the Ukrainian regime attacked.

Daily Mail is fair game though.

If you study Ukrainian history it has deeply fascist undertones that are still there in the military 

The guy in charge is something of a puppet. He's not a politician. At any time he could vanish and be replaced by military hardliners. 

Putin is an utter thug but there are plenty of equally reprehensible thugs in the background in Ukraine and across that Region. 

What Ukraine now has is a huge amount of western hardware, god forbid some of the extremists currently in the shadows there get their hands on it. 

The cult of Boris and Zelensky may not be a laughing matter if it all goes ** up. 

Anyway back to speedway, if we welcomed the Russians under Stalin, Kruschev, Breshnev etc, which we did, I can't find any reason why we should not welcome them now with open arms. 

• Like 2