British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford vs Redcar - Champ playoffs - 24/09

Redcar have listed Connor Bailey as riding at 2, with the proviso of moving to r/r if he's called to Poland.

Leon Flint guests for Riss. 

Sedgy for Charles W.

Luke Harrison listed at 7, with the proviso that, if NDLRC goes ahead at Worky (weather looks awful) Luke will go there, be replaced by Ben Trigger.

Oxford have listed their regular team, including Jenkins and Atkins.

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Redcar have listed Connor Bailey as riding at 2, with the proviso of moving to r/r if he's called to Poland.

Sedgy for Charles W.

Luke Harrison listed at 7, with the proviso that, if NDLRC goes ahead at Worky (weather looks awful) Luke will go there, be replaced by Ben Trigger.

If I had any thoughts of purchasing the stream, they’ve gone now looking at that line up.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Sedgy for Charles W.

What a joke and a slap in the face for all the Redcar fans that have followed their team this season! Why Redcar accepted this Sunday date is beyond me!

Edited by Bellers101
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bellers101 said:

What a joke and a slap in the face for all the Redcar fans that have following their team this season! Why Redcar accepted this Sunday date is beyond me!

Strange decision

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 9:41 AM, Neila said:

Surely if the NDLRC is a bspa protected event, very few or no other meetings should be rearranged especially one at Oxford on a 3rd off day of running meetings 

NDLRC  now postponed due to poor weather forecast.

On 9/22/2023 at 3:59 PM, crescent girl said:

Sedgy for Charles W.

The way Riss has been riding Flint will do better 

On 9/22/2023 at 5:25 PM, Bellers101 said:

What a joke and a slap in the face for all the Redcar fans that have followed their team this season! Why Redcar accepted this Sunday date is beyond me!

Bit strange but doesnt really matter as Redcar had no chance in this group after they lost Wright.

• Like 4

You do have to feel some sympathy for Redcar - forced to track an even weaker side v Oxford.

Lets hope for a Grand Final between the 2 Southern Wednesday tracks for maximum attendance for both clubs!:cheers:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

You do have to feel some sympathy for Redcar - forced to track an even weaker side v Oxford.

Lets hope for a Grand Final between the 2 Southern Wednesday tracks for maximum attendance for both clubs!:cheers:

From a purely selfish point of view I agree.

Love Glasgow but chances of attending the final up there are slim for me whereas Sandy Lane can be done in under 2 hours.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tocha said:

NDLRC  now postponed due to poor weather forecast.

I noticed the Workington preview didn't name any Oxford riders in it, so we'll never know, which riders would've be competing where?

32 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I noticed the Workington preview didn't name any Oxford riders in it, so we'll never know, which riders would've be competing where?

Jordan Jenkins and Henry Atkins were/are in the line-up.

Allowing Bailey to go to Poland waives a big white flag for Redcar.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Allowing Bailey to go to Poland waives a big white flag for Redcar.

Do Redcar have a choice?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Do Redcar have a choice?

Surely they can refuse. Bailey is British. British fixtures come first. Just say no to them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Surely they can refuse. Bailey is British. British fixtures come first. Just say no to them. 

I thought Poland has first call on Sunday's, especially when this is a re-arranged fixture? (From what others have been saying re: the Charles Wright situation the other week).

• Like 1