British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford vs Redcar - Champ playoffs - 24/09

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Danny King looking slow tonight, I assume his best bikes are being reserved for tomorrow 

I hope so...:)

Pretty awful meeting. Redcar so weak it was a going through the motions meeting to get it done. Guessing Poole on Wednesday against Edinburgh might be similar. 

So it’s all down to Glasgow v Oxford on Tuesday. A ten point lead is not enough imo and Glasgow with their powerhouse top 5 will prove too strong against a battling Oxford team. I am hoping for Oxford in the final as it’s a track up the road and we can have a big Pirate contingent, but a ten lead is small. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tocha said:

Jordan Jenkins and Henry Atkins were/are in the line-up.

I'm meaning I've not seen an announcement of who would be replacing them at either match? Assuming it would have been Kinsley & Scott on the NLRC, but they weren't in the preview?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So it’s all down to Glasgow v Oxford on Tuesday. A ten point lead is not enough imo and Glasgow with their powerhouse top 5 will prove too strong against a battling Oxford team. I am hoping for Oxford in the final as it’s a track up the road and we can have a big Pirate contingent, but a ten lead is small. 

Too early to say who are the favourites imo. Glasgow have a very strong top 4, but Oxford have a strong top 3.

Glasgow's reserves needing to take 10 rides between them balances out thier top end.

Could go either way imo

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pretty awful meeting. Redcar so weak it was a going through the motions meeting to get it done. Guessing Poole on Wednesday against Edinburgh might be similar. 

Haven’t worked out the permutations or looked at current standings yet but what happens if Glasgow beat Oxford get bonus but Redcar beat Glasgow on Wednesday night ?

Edited by KEITH M

3 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Haven’t worked out the permutations or looked at current standings yet but what happens if Redcar beat Glasgow on Wednesday night ?

Oxford thru regardless of Tuesday's result

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Oxford thru regardless of Tuesday's result

I thought so,it was just with Steve saying it was down to Tuesday’s meeting  that confused me 

Just now, KEITH M said:

I thought so,it was just with Steve saying it was down to Tuesday’s meeting  that confused me 

He is correct as it is the next meeting and we fail to win 51-39 or greater then Wednesday is irrelevant.

So Connor Bailey elects to miss a crucial play off meeting in the UK to not ride in Wroclaw! The same lad that elected to not ride for his country in the SoN2! This lad needs to work out which side his bread is buttered B)

Edited by iainb

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

So Connor Bailey elects to miss a crucial play off meeting in the UK to not ride in Wroclaw! The same lad that elected to not ride for his country in the SoN2! This lad needs to work out which side his bread is buttered B)

Saving himself for the big one!

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Don't think we've seen an explanation as to why this meeting was arranged for today when Bailey and Riss were never available.

Agree about the SoN2 but if he ever has any ambition of being a regular in Poland then he had to be there today, I expect he would have been made to be there by the FIM anyway if there had been a dispute as Poland have priority on Sundays.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

but if he ever has any ambition of being a regular in Poland then he had to be there today, I expect he would have been made to be there by the FIM anyway if there had been a dispute as Poland have priority on Sundays.

I don't really think it would have mattered if he said no to Wroclaw... if he's scoring big points in the future, I'm sure they or any other Polish team would be very quick to forgive and forget