British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches vs Belle Vue Aces (new playoff semi 1st leg) 21/09/23

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Ive felt for a while he regrets riding the UK this season, best bikes no doubt in Poland, just feels weve been sold short.

Like Sheffield when they had Ellis, spent big £££ on foreign kit and rock up to UK with a bag of spanners and hope it does the job 

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I don't buy that at all, he'll be wanting to win all the races he's in. No reason for his machinery to be sub-standard with all the money he's making and why would you want to lose races. He's just being beaten. The UK is not as easy as some think. 

Maybe it isn't but Bewley wins GP's and has just scored paid seventeen away from home in an Extraliga final. Something doesn't add up. 

• Like 1

Bewley quite clearly does not like the track..his scores before that show that. 

• Like 1

Dan is one of my favourite riders but it's clear to see that he's on poor equipment in the UK.

GP's & Ekstraliga (World Class Equipment)

Swedish League (Good Equipment)

British League (Leftover Equipment)

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I hope Ipswich win it got 11/2 the other day

Welcome to the party lol.

I think we're all on them at a big price.

• Like 2

Just got back in...

Crowd seemed decent, not sure how that fits against a normal one but the car park was reasonably well used..

Had to use my key to find my car...:D

Racing was pretty average to be honest but I presume track prep was dictated to by the forecast..

Interesting everyone thought King and Bomber would "love the mud", but there wasnt any, and the track was slick all night...

For the Aces, Dan was involved in four heats that saw a 12 point deficit which isn't really good enough for a top five GP rider, and you would have expected at least two wins from a rider of his talent, even if Emil may end up beating him twice. Two wins off Dan against the other Witches and the deficit could have been 12 points..

The rear end of his bike in the first race looked strange when he did a practice start on the back straight and his mechanics were waiting for him on the home straight as if they were expecting something to happen. He didn't seem to have "Polish Speed" that's for sure...

Brady, Tom and Jaimon can walk away satisfied with their contribution, the other 3 definitely not so...

The Witches were just more aggressive from Heat One and ran out deserving winners...

However, leads like they have can quickly get reduced at the NSS so not over yet...

I must admit, part of me would like to see the Aces lose overall by two, as it would mean a cracking meeting,  and Jack Smiths second tonight then would be the "difference maker"...:D

No one calling for King, Riss and Hawkins to be sacked tonight I notice...;):D

7 hours ago, TTT said:

Dan is one of my favourite riders but it's clear to see that he's on poor equipment in the UK.

GP's & Ekstraliga (World Class Equipment)

Swedish League (Good Equipment)

British League (Leftover Equipment)

Nonsense

Bewley’s not been as dominant as could have been expected this season, but I don’t think he’s been phoning it it. 

For one of the best in the world on tracks he has seen plenty of in the past his away form has been bad. His form around Foxhall is truly awful (relative to his ability) though. Three visits this season and he has averaged 5.24. 

As kurtz said in a good interview at the end, it needed to be mentally attacked, indicating nothing to do with the bikes. 

12 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Bewley’s not been as dominant as could have been expected this season, but I don’t think he’s been phoning it it. 

For one of the best in the world on tracks he has seen plenty of in the past his away form has been bad. His form around Foxhall is truly awful (relative to his ability) though. Three visits this season and he has averaged 5.24. 

One of his bogie tracks for sure, it's not a billiards table throttle fest. 

Bewley being out performed home & away by Kurtz is unacceptable. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Bewley being out performed home & away by Kurtz is unacceptable. 

Easily solved then - just get Kurtz to slowdown -_-

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

Just got back in...

Crowd seemed decent, not sure how that fits against a normal one but the car park was reasonably well used..

Had to use my key to find my car...:D

Racing was pretty average to be honest but I presume track prep was dictated to by the forecast..

Interesting everyone thought King and Bomber would "love the mud", but there wasnt any, and the track was slick all night...

For the Aces, Dan was involved in four heats that saw a 12 point deficit which isn't really good enough for a top five GP rider, and you would have expected at least two wins from a rider of his talent, even if Emil may end up beating him twice. Two wins off Dan against the other Witches and the deficit could have been 12 points..

The rear end of his bike in the first race looked strange when he did a practice start on the back straight and his mechanics were waiting for him on the home straight as if they were expecting something to happen. He didn't seem to have "Polish Speed" that's for sure...

Brady, Tom and Jaimon can walk away satisfied with their contribution, the other 3 definitely not so...

The Witches were just more aggressive from Heat One and ran out deserving winners...

However, leads like they have can quickly get reduced at the NSS so not over yet...

I must admit, part of me would like to see the Aces lose overall by two, as it would mean a cracking meeting,  and Jack Smiths second tonight then would be the "difference maker"...:D

No one calling for King, Riss and Hawkins to be sacked tonight I notice...;):D

The racing was pretty non existent as it generally is at Foxhall, it was all starts and first corners, after that it was pretty much follow the leader.

Ipswich appeared to show more interest than Belle Vue and the result of the tie is all but over, biggest smile of the night was reserved for Ritchie Hawkins whose moustache made him look like a old style cowboy.