British Speedway Forum

A very strong rumour  Scunthorpe will be in the PL 2024 .

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Haza said:

A very strong rumour  Scunthorpe will be in the PL 2024 .

Toft, Douglas and Lambert staying would be a decent start to be fair. 

Could that be where Harris is off if they do move up, I really don't see him at Lynn the way that the track has been so slick over the last few years. 

Throw in Steve Worrall would leave about 10 points for a no1?

Sorry if I have missed it, but does Jordan Palin feature at the EWR (or anywhere else for that matter)?

I did predict a few weeks back on a couple of threads that either Ford or Godfrey would fall on their swords as Management Committee Members so protect the Discovery deal and ensure a 6 team PL if Brummies couldn't. 

To much derision from South Coast I may add. 

Scunny it seems have obliged. 

45 minutes ago, HGould said:

I did predict a few weeks back on a couple of threads that either Ford or Godfrey would fall on their swords as Management Committee Members so protect the Discovery deal and ensure a 6 team PL if Brummies couldn't. 

To much derision from South Coast I may add. 

Scunny it seems have obliged. 

I find it hard to believe scunny can afford it being a regular fan seeing the attendances week in week out 

2 hours ago, DJC said:

Toft, Douglas and Lambert staying would be a decent start to be fair. 

Could that be where Harris is off if they do move up, I really don't see him at Lynn the way that the track has been so slick over the last few years. 

Throw in Steve Worrall would leave about 10 points for a no1?

Has it?

Even when Lynn is 'slick' it isn't anyway because of all the clay. If he ended up at Lynn he'd be a big success and enjoy every moment IMO.

Edited by Bagpuss

Very unexpected if true. Would definitely be a huge gamble but one I will support. Its a shame in some respects as Scunny starting to establish ourselves as one of the top championship sides and was really hoping for a crack at the league title next year. I guess nothing is certain until its announced but definitely interesting times ahead

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Has it?

Even when Lynn us 'slick' it isn't anyway because of all the clay. If he ended up at Lynn he'd be a big success and enjoy every moment IMO.

Haven't been there since Mads K's testimonial so I'm probably way off, just based on the moaning on here that the racing isn't what it was!

Scunthorpe feels a better fit for the type of rider he is, in my mind. If I was Godfrey then he'd be top of the list if I'm moving up along with Douglas.

Having seen Rye House close after the decision to move up to the Premier, I hope Scunthorpe don’t make the same mistake.

I have no idea of the cost difference between the two leagues but surely points money must be more.

• Like 2

On our attendances, not a chance of us racing Monday ,Wednesday or Thursday. First and foremost Rob is a business man and must see it as  mistake moving up a league. The only positive is we get a local derby back against the Sheffield Tigers.

Edited by scunny1
spelling

33 minutes ago, DJC said:

Haven't been there since Mads K's testimonial so I'm probably way off, just based on the moaning on here that the racing isn't what it was!

Scunthorpe feels a better fit for the type of rider he is, in my mind. If I was Godfrey then he'd be top of the list if I'm moving up along with Douglas.

It's not, but its because its too grippy and has far too much clay in it. But stocks rule unfortunately.

Bomber will be a great signing wherever he goes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It's not, but its because its too grippy and has far too much clay in it. But stocks rule unfortunately.

Bomber will be a great signing wherever he goes.

That makes more sense to be fair! 

Agree that where ever he goes on his current average feels like a bargain! 

43 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

On our attendances, not a chance of us racing Monday ,Wednesday or Thursday. First and foremost Rob is a business man and must see it as  mistake moving up a league. The only positive is we get a local derby back against the Sheffield Tigers.

Desperation if it happened. IMO.Do think the Premiership is on a spot of bother though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Desperation if it happened. IMO.Do think the Premiership is on a spot of bother though.

If its scratching around for a sixth team to make it feasible then it absolutely is unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1