British Speedway Forum

11 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Solid looking team imo, granted Kyle isn’t the out and out number one we’ve got used too over the past couple of years, but in a much weakened league we’ve got 4 potential number ones imo in Kyle, Jake, Tofty and Lambo..

Connor can put a point or two on his average this season imo and I genuinely think Ablitt could prove to be the best reserve in the league

As for Luke, we all know there’s no pressure on him and will be solid at home, he’s in a team this year where he’ll settle in nicely

Solid 1-7 for me, can see us in the playoffs if all goes well

Ahead of Joe Thompson? I'd be surprised. Should up his average by at least half a point though. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Ahead of Joe Thompson? I'd be surprised. Should up his average by at least half a point though. 

I think Hagon is better than Ablitt, as is Complin, Joe T and even possibly Liebman.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Looks a poor team.MPT was poor last season and Howarth is not a good number one.

A poor team compared to what? Last season's side perhaps but I think it looks very competitive, I'd have them down for 4th or 5th just behind Poole personally. And probably unbeaten at home.

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A poor team compared to what? Last season's side perhaps but I think it looks very competitive, I'd have them down for 4th or 5th just behind Poole personally. And probably unbeaten at home.

Prediction thread will be interesting this year, seems to be very level! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Solid looking team imo, granted Kyle isn’t the out and out number one we’ve got used too over the past couple of years, but in a much weakened league we’ve got 4 potential number ones imo in Kyle, Jake, Tofty and Lambo..

Connor can put a point or two on his average this season imo and I genuinely think Ablitt could prove to be the best reserve in the league

As for Luke, we all know there’s no pressure on him and will be solid at home, he’s in a team this year where he’ll settle in nicely

Think your going a bit over board with the 4 potential number ones in the side, Allen and mpt have been 6/7.5 riders most of their career and I can’t really see that changing this coming season. Equally granted lambert probably had his best season to date but even in a weakened league not a chance at all hell he a number one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Think your going a bit over board with the 4 potential number ones in the side, Allen and mpt have been 6/7.5 riders most of their career and I can’t really see that changing this coming season. Equally granted lambert probably had his best season to date but even in a weakened league not a chance at all hell he a number one.

If you look at their averages in all home league meetings last year Jake Allen averaged 7.79, Pam Toft averaged 9.18 and Lambert averaged 7.24 so I don’t think this is an absurd claim as you think. Importantly what I would say this is in home meetings.Not forgetting Kyle Howarth who averaged 7.74 home and away for Plymouth last year riding on a home track he supposedly didn’t like!

Edited by Ryan555

Would have liked Gilkes in the team, but it is what it is for this dumbed down league. Personally Mountain and Ablitt did not do enough to warrant re signing, but I hope they kick on in the new season and prove me wrong. If Lambo gets to number 1 ,super fan Scunny Dan will be ecstatic!:D

On 12/22/2023 at 12:27 PM, Skidder1 said:

If Nathan's real 3.00 average is actually a rounded-up 2.99 then the 2.5% reduction makes 2.92 correct.

Personally, I disagree and think that’s it’s just been manipulated to suit. The final issue of averages shows 3.00 regardless if that is 2.995 or 3.004 before it’s rounded.

The GB reduction is applied for team building purposes at the start of a new season, therefore the final issued average is what should be used before reduction.

Edit: in addition, Ablitts average is exactly 3.00 when calculated so should never be rounded to 2.92

Edited by GM95
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Good home Team.Not so sure away.Jake and Toft can be very inconsistent and Kyle might struggle in the big heats away.

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Would have liked Gilkes in the team, but it is what it is for this dumbed down league. Personally Mountain and Ablitt did not do enough to warrant re signing, but I hope they kick on in the new season and prove me wrong. If Lambo gets to number 1 ,super fan Scunny Dan will be ecstatic!:D

If  Mountain and Ablitt had done more their averages would have increased and you wouldn't have been able to fit them in.

Redcar currently look the strongest team named and i dont think this Scunny team is far off them.. Top 2 is stronger at Redcar but after that its close..  

I am pleased with the team, Howarth is decent round the EWR and will do a job at number 1,  as long as people don't compare him to Douglas. Top 5 looks solid but I don't see huge potential for improvement, whether Scunny can challenge for silverware will depend on how well the reserves progress.

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

We will see but in my opinion they look weak, not the weakest, i would agree about 5th.

4 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

riding on a hone track he supposedly didn’t like!

nothing to do with me!

• Haha 3