British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

2.5 percent of 3.00 is 0.075 rounded up to 0.08 means he’s 2.92 do you seriously think the other promoters would allow this if it wasn’t the correct way of working it out

Why would you round up the .075 though.

1 hour ago, Ryan555 said:

2.5 percent of 3.00 is 0.075 rounded up to 0.08 means he’s 2.92 do you seriously think the other promoters would allow this if it wasn’t the correct way of working it out

3.00 minus 2.5% is 2.925 though. So should be rounded up to 2.93? 

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

3.00 minus 2.5% is 2.925 though. So should be rounded up to 2.93? 

Happy new year,we agree:t:

23 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No convincing needed, Poole are a good team even with Thomsen, Scunthorpe have  riders like Howarth and MPT who need to improve quite a bit from last season.

Thomsen is a 1.5pt rider with a 4 pt average!!! Terrible team building… 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Because if the last digit is 5 or higher you round up 

18 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Must say this Thomsen bloke if going by some on here has no hope of getting off the start line he's been completely written off by a few on here, personally I've never heard of him maybe his dad Finn ? but if he does do well a few red faces on here or I told you so would be appropriate

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Haha very good, he may not be that good but I would think in this weaker league he should be able to average 4.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I believe that’s the way they do it. They Round up the reduction first then take that off the average.

Should be rounded up after the reduction imo. However it’s open to abuse and depends what club you are and if your promotion are part of the BSPA board or not. In Scunthorpes case they’ve got one of the most corrupt in Godfrey.

Edited by Mr Blobby

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I believe that’s the way they do it. They Round up the reduction first then take that off the average.

Should be rounded up after the reduction imo. However it’s open to abuse and depends what club you are and if your promotion are part of the BSPA board or not. In Scunthorpes case they’ve got one of the most corrupt in Godfrey.

Ooooo you're not allowed to say that :nono:

It is straight forward

Whatever way rounding is done (and either is acceptable) - it should be applied comnsistently 

So lets look at the most recent precedent:

2021 end of season average - Max Clegg 5.40

2022 starting average 5.40 less 2.5% = 5.265

2022 starting greensheet 5.27

=> an average of 3.00 less 2.5% should be 2.93.

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Seems a strange way to do it.But that’s Speedway.Hey Ho.

Rumour that circulated in Aussie at the recent Darcy meeting is that Z Kennedy is in fact on his way back to Uk later in season as is expecting a baby in late March and is staying home for the arrival then plans to jet off after the all safe and clear. 

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

It is straight forward

Whatever way rounding is done (and either is acceptable) - it should be applied comnsistently 

So lets look at the most recent precedent:

2021 end of season average - Max Clegg 5.40

2022 starting average 5.40 less 2.5% = 5.265

2022 starting greensheet 5.27

=> an average of 3.00 less 2.5% should be 2.93.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Seems a strange way to do it.But that’s Speedway.Hey Ho.

As Arnie says if they do it that way for everyone then fine. But shouldn't be done whichever way fits best. I always thought it was average then minus 2.5% and then round up or down as needed. 

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

As Arnie says if they do it that way for everyone then fine. But shouldn't be done whichever way fits best. I always thought it was average then minus 2.5% and then round up or down as needed. 

Would agree if that’s the way they do it.To me  logical way is to round it up at the end of the calculation.

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Would agree if that’s the way they do it.To me  logical way is to round it up at the end of the calculation.

'Logical' :rofl:

• Haha 1