British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

20 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Make it grippy....

Doyle and Emil ride anything well so won't be bothered and King will also like it...

And the racing hopefully will be better for it...

The Aces were poor last Monday but both sets of riders were well strung out in virtually every race regardless of finishing order...

Good luck to Ipswich....  

Ipswich can and will prepare it as they like but not too grippy please, as a neutral I don't want to see riders struggling to get round. 

Will be interesting to see if Lambert can lower the colours of the Witches top two on a consistent basis tomorrow, I fear Ippo will run away with the first leg and then possibly the tie if not. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ipswich can and will prepare it as they like but not too grippy please, as a neutral I don't want to see riders struggling to get round. 

Will be interesting to see if Lambert can lower the colours of the Witches top two on a consistent basis tomorrow, I fear Ippo will run away with the first leg and then possibly the tie if not. 

I think they need a good lead and although Lambert probably not that keen on Foxhall I expect he will go well and could beat Doyle or Emil, maybe both.

Can see a Witches win by 10-12 leaving the aggregate finely balanced 

Bound to be a few surprises through the tie where one of the big boys runs a last or the lower end get a win (either side)

It's a final and the adrenaline will be pumping

I hope the Witches can edge it - after all can the sport afford to inscribe Sheffield Multi Change and League Select Guests Tigers on the trophy?

;):P

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Bound to be a few surprises through the tie where one of the big boys runs a last or the lower end get a win (either side)

I hope the Witches can edge it - after all can the sport afford to inscribe Sheffield Multi Change and League Select Guests Tigers on the trophy?

Better hope they have a big enough trophy to fit all that on it! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

or even an Ipswich trophy for winning the semi final using guests

• Haha 1

Track HAS to be grippy like previous 2 matches ... a proper Foxhsll track 

This wiill suit the Witches whereby Holder , Lambert, Pickering and Mountain won't like it.

As for the racing I don't care if its a thriller as long as the Witches come out on top... Witches hitting at least 55 would be lovely with a gate and go fest. B)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Track HAS to be grippy like previous 2 matches ... a proper Foxhsll track 

This wiill suit the Witches whereby Holder , Lambert, Pickering and Mountain won't like it.

As for the racing I don't care if its a thriller as long as the Witches come out on top... Witches hitting at least 55 would be lovely with a gate and go fest. B)

A grippy track may suit Lambert, may not suit Howarth. I think a Witches win of 12 would be acceptable to Ipswich.

These p off meetings show how modern day speedway has evolved. 

We have 2 types of rider. 
The large track gate and go head down bum up throttle jockey , who will show a clean pair of heels to almost anyone on a large pacy track such as Owlerton or NSS .

The small track technical rider who can master the art of turning on tight circuits , in both slick and grippy conditions. Their gating can be inconsistent but usually pass the throttle jockeys on their own tracks when mistakes are made. Foxhall, Monmore are examples. 

As in all sports there are a very small handful of riders who can ride any track well. 

so we see Ippo narrowly beating the NSS aces .. neither side happy on each others tracks apart from star riders Doyle and sayfootdinov. 
 The same scenario Ippo v Sheffield is in store.

my guess Doyle and sayfootdinov will be the difference. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

You cannot blame any team having to use guests,its speedway and they are the rules or changing your team for better overall strength, Ellis had to go, Kerr unfortunate casualty, imagine if you had Kerr at reserve tomorrow night. 

9 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

These p off meetings show how modern day speedway has evolved. 

We have 2 types of rider. 
The large track gate and go head down bum up throttle jockey , who will show a clean pair of heels to almost anyone on a large pacy track such as Owlerton or NSS .

The small track technical rider who can master the art of turning on tight circuits , in both slick and grippy conditions. Their gating can be inconsistent but usually pass the throttle jockeys on their own tracks when mistakes are made. Foxhall, Monmore are examples. 

As in all sports there are a very small handful of riders who can ride any track well. 

so we see Ippo narrowly beating the NSS aces .. neither side happy on each others tracks apart from star riders Doyle and sayfootdinov. 
 The same scenario Ippo v Sheffield is in store.

my guess Doyle and sayfootdinov will be the difference. 

They usually are, the biggest shock was Emil coming 3rd in a race at Belle Vue, getting stuck behind Riss who should of been sacked weeks ago,but that disappointment was put to bed in heat 15. 

Edited by foreverblue

46 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

I've said I would've like to have run with RR even if it meant we didn't win

One guest with an average under 7 for an injured 9+ rider taken from a team not in the playoffs is on the sliding scale integrity issues at the very low end

Two guests,  one a 10 point ringer in a fake 8 point wrapper that is 4 years old (considered irrelevant in EVERY regulation that INCLUDES it but suitable ONLY  due to the fact it is NOT mentioned in another) and the other having already been involved  in the play offs for another team

I will let everybody make up their own mind as to where in the scale that sits....

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Looks like there may be a bit of light rain tomorrow night but I'll predict Ips 43 She 47. 

Not sure why others predict a 10 point plus Ipswich win - but then I don't have a great record :). Lambert and Harris should get 23 between them and Sheffield have the better reserves, should be good for 12 between them, which leaves holder, howarth & pickering to get 12 between them for a four point win.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And loads on here say the sport cannot afford a sqaud system...:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Make it grippy....

Doyle and Emil ride anything well so won't be bothered and King will also like it...

And the racing hopefully will be better for it...

The Aces were poor last Monday but both sets of riders were well strung out in virtually every race regardless of finishing order...

Good luck to Ipswich....  

100% make it grippy as you say King likes it Rew gets stuck into it, Riss is ok if he gates, Danyon maybe needs a word in his ear just to settle for 3rd places in some heats instead of pushing too hard and getting caught out

100% Harris will be a danger but 100% expect him to score no more than 7 from 4 rides which would be a good return

I think Witches 52-38 on the night 

I might give this a look on box,,,I'm not gonna bother with a prediction,,, because it's not an easy one to make,,,a case could be made for Ipswich getting beaten,,, Rew Riss Hume,,, could easily score naff all between them, but they could also score about 15 between them easily.