British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Tradition! It works so why change it?

I guess it's a retirement area and older people are more set in their ways and resistant to change. So it makes sense :D

24 hours really really shouldn't make that much difference though.

7 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

If they need to make up the numbers for TV, How about allowing ghost teams to track share? Norwich could rise from the ashes and hold home meetings at KingsLynn and Ipswich. Peterborough could track share with Mildenhall and Kings Lynn,  Eastbourne could ride at Iwade and Southampton ride at the Isle of Wight. Swindon could ride electric bikes at home an conventional machines at away meetings. Few more teams to solve the problem and create even more fixture chaos but what’s new, it cannot be any worse than the current model.

Imagine how many meetings Bomber could ride in? 

He diary would be so full he could end up guesting for himself....:D

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2023 at 6:32 PM, HGould said:

No chance of Stocks on noise and planning.

Unless someone comes up with an E-Stox option like E-Options have been found in other classes of motor sport?

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Unless someone comes up with an E-Stox option like E-Options have been found in other classes of motor sport?

It'd take them too long to put all the fires out! 

22 hours ago, noaksey said:

Presumably Oxford physically can't run on Thursdays but Poole can if they choose to?

It's Mondays that are the problem for Oxford. They have an SIS deal which requires a greyhound meeting every Monday. Possible they could race away on Mondays and home on Thursdays?

2 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

It's Mondays that are the problem for Oxford. They have an SIS deal which requires a greyhound meeting every Monday. Possible they could race away on Mondays and home on Thursdays?

Only Belle Vue ride home matches on a Monday now so presumably that wouldn't work 

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I guess it's a retirement area and older people are more set in their ways and resistant to change. So it makes sense :D

24 hours really really shouldn't make that much difference though.

Well in this case I have to cancel my Monday evening plans to fit in my speedway fix. It’s a good job I’m considered hard core.

Will the Brummies be running in 2024 now?

Hopefully everything works out well for you.

26 minutes ago, TTT said:

Will the Brummies be running in 2024 now?

Hopefully everything works out well for you.

Doesn't look like it!

• Sad 3

54 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Doesn't look like it!

I'd certainly like to hear something from Nigel and his Partners by the end of the week. 

He's gone above and beyond and in my opinion deserves to tell his side of the story first either way. 

What we don't want nor need is some form of Management Committee embargo or fudge. 

If we can't run despite valiant efforts and due to Landlords we need to know soon as it is known, not as an afterthought in some BSPL fudge. 

In Nigel we trust. 

Great if we do run.....'sad' if we don't 

I'm not that fussed on the details either way....

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Great if we do run.....'sad' if we don't 

I'm not that fussed on the details either way....

They should be keeping the fans informed though, even if it was to say we are awaiting what ARC want to do, would not surprise me to see that speedway in Brum is finished. 

1 minute ago, Gerbat1875 said:

They should be keeping the fans informed though, even if it was to say we are awaiting what ARC want to do, would not surprise me to see that speedway in Brum is finished. 

I'm sure the fans will be informed when there's proper news that needs to be released.  Speedway has never been run as a reality TV show with running broadcasts of every conversation and private phone call available for "fans" to eavesdrop in on, even though this is the standard being set and the level of expectation that some people have these days.

Maybe that's an opportunity that's been missed? Imagine if the Brummies could earn what the likes of Jeremy Clarkson earns off Amazon for his Clarksons Farm series or what Paul Teutul earned from American Chopper. It could make the finances a bit healthier.

I guess a picture Laurence has put in Facebook with Nigel and Mrs Tolley and Peter Mole in Tenerife, should be considered mildly positive news

• Like 2

And they have agreed deals with riders. So all very positive 

• Like 1