British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well if Oxford are riding in 2 leagues - as has been rumoured - then I hope they re-name one of the teams!! 

Scott Nicholls confirms he is only riding in Championship in 2024.

I think depending on team building and admission prices Oxford should make a decent fist of the Premiership.

I can't see the championship being well supported though.

So people have the money now to go to a meeting once per week which presumably Oxford will be as presumably they'll go for alternate weeks, if they run 2 meetings in the same week that would be madness 

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

I think depending on team building and admission prices Oxford should make a decent fist of the Premiership.

I can't see the championship being well supported though.

So people have the money now to go to a meeting once per week which presumably Oxford will be as presumably they'll go for alternate weeks, if they run 2 meetings in the same week that would be madness 

Depends which one is performing better in their league. If Oxford are top 2 in Champ and bottom 2 in Prem, could see fans heading to the Champ meetings more. Depending on who the visiting teams are though imo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Depends which one is performing better in their league. If Oxford are top 2 in Champ and bottom 2 in Prem, could see fans heading to the Champ meetings more. Depending on who the visiting teams are though imo. 

Depends on how season tickets might work 

7 hours ago, StarBoy said:

From the fallout of the AGM, it looks like we're going to be seeing a 7-team league next season:

Belle Vue Aces

Birmingham Brummies

Ipswich Witches

King's Lynn Stars

Leicester Lions

Oxford Cheetahs

Sheffield Tigers

If that ends up being the case then. The Brummies' seem to be struggling to pay their way in the Championship. Unless same big sponsor comes on board,  i fear they might not last the season in the Prem.

If Oxford just did either the Champ or the Prem ,i think they would be ok. But to do both could be a disaster financially.

• Like 1

On the evidence of 2023 there are not enough riders of a sufficiently high standard to support a premiership of 7 teams. It would inevitably mean at least one team becoming tailed off from an early stage, with the associated problems that would be entailed both for those clubs and the league. Much better to consolidate into 6 teams and work to ensure they all reach end of the season in good financial state.

7 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

On the evidence of 2023 there are not enough riders of a sufficiently high standard to support a premiership of 7 teams. It would inevitably mean at least one team becoming tailed off from an early stage, with the associated problems that would be entailed both for those clubs and the league. Much better to consolidate into 6 teams and work to ensure they all reach end of the season in good financial state.

Janowski and Tungate could make a re-appearance in British Speedway! (Making up the numbers) 

14 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

After hearing Oxfords proposed team, I can’t see it being them.

6 minutes ago, Hooky said:

After hearing Oxfords proposed team, I can’t see it being them.

Spill the beans....

1 hour ago, Hamish McRaker said:

6 rider teams would be a choice if they felt there wasn't enough quality to go around. But even keeping the 39 limit could ensure each team is competitive, if the mid-season signings return (Woffinden/C.Holder for example) with the dropped riders coming back (J.Holder/Ellis) there's more Prem standard riders to share out.

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

If that ends up being the case then. The Brummies' seem to be struggling to pay their way in the Championship. Unless same big sponsor comes on board,  i fear they might not last the season in the Prem.

If Oxford just did either the Champ or the Prem ,i think they would be ok. But to do both could be a disaster financially.

Don't think Oxford can do both,but they may do the PL and the NDL

Edit:Just seen Oxford are competing at PL and CL level.That could be suicide running the top two leagues imo.Hope it works out for them,but it's a big if imo.

Edited by tellboy

I was told last week in confidence, which is why I'm not naming the person concerned that Oxford have a former Birmingham rider lined up. 

Edited by Triple.H.

11 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I was told last week in confidence, which is why I'm not naming the person concerned who is a sponsor that Oxford have a former Birmingham rider lined up. 

Zmarzlik?:o

• Thanks 1