British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

How rude of the Glasgow riders and management not taking the feelings of the Poole fans into account when we fought hard to make the final. How completely inconsiderate :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Is that correct, no tactical substitutes allowed in the grand final?

£4? Hook me up with your dealer, Steve.

Confirm no tacticals in two legged event.

£4 would be the approximate cost of one meeting using the BSN season pass.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

Confirm no tacticals in two legged event.

£4 would be the approximate cost of one meeting using the BSN season pass.

That’s why the BSN is such a great deal. A season pass to all meetings works out at around £4 a meeting. Perfect Christmas gift for yourself or your loved one, even if they hate speedway! 
or if you buy on the day £11.99. Makes sense to buy a season ticket and pay per month. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

How rude of the Glasgow riders and management not taking the feelings of the Poole fans into account when we fought hard to make the final. How completely inconsiderate :icon_smile_clown:

And fully deserved to be there. Was just viewing through selfish eyes. Lost out on an extra meeting due to distance. What was surprising was the fact it took so long to beat an Oxford side with only two quality riders. 

Pirates will be a different force to be reckoned with. More than a ten point win gives Glasgow a decent chance. Should be thrilling as long as the track is not a quagmire like last night.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And fully deserved to be there. Was just viewing through selfish eyes. Lost out on an extra meeting due to distance. What was surprising was the fact it took so long to beat an Oxford side with only two quality riders. 

Pirates will be a different force to be reckoned with. More than a ten point win gives Glasgow a decent chance. Should be thrilling as long as the track is not a quagmire like last night.

Fair enough :t:

The track prep was daft imo. Even bomber was toiling in his first 3 rides and way starts were tarasenko couldn't get out the gate. Once was riding bit more like usual prep we hit 3 5-1s. 

Having that extra grip the track becomes a bit one line, as can see when wasn't usual passing and again tarasenko preferred inside move wasn't available. Prepare that for Poole Lawson and worrall will lap it up

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Only two quality riders, but got all the bonus points in the league.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And fully deserved to be there. Was just viewing through selfish eyes. Lost out on an extra meeting due to distance. What was surprising was the fact it took so long to beat an Oxford side with only two quality riders

That side were the only ones (so far) to beat Poole over two legs this year. Let's hope that's still not the case come the end of the season.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

I think he probably meant only two riders who were decent on the night.

• Like 1

So I assume Vissing will be fit to ride Sunday, and Thompson and Complin will be released from their NDL Grand Final commitments?

Anders Rowe back for the Pirates is a plus!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

As a Glasgow fan, I and probably most want the first leg, why? Because if we do like last year and the year before  and completely collapse at Poole it makes the home meeting a waste of time. The attendance at last year's second leg was awful, so at least if we even manage a  10/12 points lead to take down there, there would at least  be some optimism as opposed to a 22 point deficit to make up.

I thought Poole raced against Leicester in last year's final unless me noggin is avin a moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Very true but most knew 10 points was never enough of a lead for Oxford. If the final had been between Oxford and Poole, Cowley would have sold out in an hour. Many hundreds of Poole fans making the trip up. But not to be and it would be something for 15-20 Poole fans to make the trip to Glasgow. Too far for all but the most die hard. A ten hour trip up, and if the meeting finishes at 8pm Poole fans will be getting indoors around 6am. A couple of hundred pounds in fuel, food, entrance fee. Alternatively, watch it on BSN for £4. Bit of a no brainer.

I flew up 2 years ago which saved time, but cop26 was on and hotel rooms were £600 a night. Slept (didn’t sleep) in airport. Got home 11.30 am. Poole fan who dropped us at airport got home 9.30 am knackered.

I'm pondering the travel from Nottingham. 

£54 National Express (total cost), £54 Premier Inn but leaving home 1130pm Saturday night arriving Glasgow 9am Sunday.

Return coach is 730am Monday arrive Nottingham 1630.

Did similar journey earlier in the season for the BSN Final.

Gonna av a think about it & maybe see if HS2 reaches Glasgow by Sunday! :rofl:

24 minutes ago, lbw said:

£54 National Express (total cost), £54 Premier Inn but leaving home 1130pm Saturday night arriving Glasgow 9am Sunday.

Watch the stream. Good and cheap.

29 minutes ago, lbw said:

How interesting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

How interesting zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Alreet me luvver

Come ere kissie kissie :rofl:

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I think he probably meant only two riders who were decent on the night.

He didn't the guy is a professional twonk.