British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

1 minute ago, Cast1rn said:

I cannot for the life of me see this meeting on tomorrow, cue the conspiracy theorists as to why Glasgow are trying to manipulate to get the 2nd leg.

Poole could switch scunny to wednesday for cup final if still want 2nd let at home. Like been said before last thing we want is a 60 off hiding coming back for a damp squib second leg do quite happy for them to do it

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I cannot for the life of me see this meeting on tomorrow, cue the conspiracy theorists as to why Glasgow are trying to manipulate to get the 2nd leg.

If that's the case I'm sure Poole will try to move Wednesday while there's still time to do so to keep the 2nd leg. We are used to smashing teams in November as well !! :D

15 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Poole could switch scunny to wednesday for cup final if still want 2nd let at home. Like been said before last thing we want is a 60 off hiding coming back for a damp squib second leg do quite happy for them to do it

We would want Scunny as 2nd leg as well at home. Bout time we had chance to celebrate at home coz we've had the 2nd leg away from home too many times in recent seasons........King's Lynn twice and up at Glasgow in the BSN.

Edited by lbw

50 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not good for attendance 

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Sheffield managed to put on a great final in teeming rain the other night

18 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

If the weather warning rings true then they'd be two very different scenarios.

38 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Was it though? Even Kelvin said the racing wasn't good. Barring 13, 14 & 15 was gate and go. Didn't think that or the wolves meeting previous was a very satisfactory ending to the season being run in terrible conditions. Once again the huge issue with play offs in this country, running most important meetings of the season in October!!

• Like 2

I think most Glasgow fans want the first leg and Poole the second. So if only the weather would play ball and allow it to happen.

• Like 1

Rain hasn’t stopped our town centre is completely flooded we even  have someone out in a canoe in the piazza albeit 10 miles from the track.

Was trying to put a picture up but wouldn’t allow.

Edited by Gazc

I echo most of the comments here & the rain the today is making tomorrow night extremely unlikely at the moment.

Sunday night outside in October isn’t really supporter friendly also & but not much wriggle room to get another date before the 2nd leg which Poole want & deserve.

It will be interesting to see Cami’s heat line ups also as he likes the “cami curve ball”  

Track staff just posted a video on the supporters Facebook page and track is holding up well, fair play to them.

So Dr Shovelar don't be cancelling your helicopter transfer just yet.

Edited by Cast1rn
  • Like 1

The work on the drainage system is pretty impressive. That's no small amount of rain we've had since I got back yesterday.