British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Anders ability and form has improved dramatically as the season has gone on. He probably didn’t want the season to end and the strives he has made is clear to see. Certainly one of the first names on 2024 team sheet. His loss will be noticeable and it’s likely he will miss the second leg as well. 

I don't think he will be, on a 5.95 he might of priced himself out the market, how many times did Lawson let him pass on a 5-1/ 3-3, might of come back and bit him. 

Totally agree RR for him is probably a disadvantage, 

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Roynon still struggling with it and was replaced by Joe T so not part of the team anymore. Cammy forgot to take him out of his last ride against Oxford but got away with it when he fell and was unable to take his place in the re-run.

I have no idea how he missed that, every fan on the back straight was dumbfounded when he put Ace out, after two falls in his previous 3 heats.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Barabas said:

I hope you do say that to my face because it will be the last time you do pal failing that send me your details & I'll drive to see you & sort u out & then we will see ...you best shut your mouth 

If u fancy a ride to comet land will let u know where to come meantime hide behind your keyboard ,but if really keen am passing through mon morn with work sure could sort somewhere out ,wont call u a prat this time u gone up im the world u are now a " dick head":rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

If u fancy a ride to comet land will let u know where to come meantime hide behind your keyboard ,but if really keen am passing through mon morn with work sure could sort somewhere out ,wont call u a prat this time u gone up im the world u are now a " dick head":rofl:

If this is an old guy about 70 ooooft called Geoff Hodgson I'd best go & look after ur zimmer your barking up the wrong tree old yin ...you came on here & gave it out i kept to the speedway  ...seen as how your old as the hills & on the werthers originals for your sake ill leave it there when ur on here give it speedway good or bad wright or wrong ...don't call ppl names old timer 

I take it BSN will still be covering this meeting despite a change of date?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Feel sorry for the Poole fans who have already left for the long travel up. Hope they find out quickly. With all the wet weather over the last few days I was surprised to read yesterday that the track was holding up well. At least the call off stops the riders from travelling too far. A dry day today and tomorrow should give riders the chance to race rather than ride.

Also don't Glasgow have to fly a few riders in to the country, so that should ensure early call offs if it looks like a small chance of going ahead. 

Edited by lisa-colette

50 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I don't think he will be, on a 5.95 he might of priced himself out the market, how many times did Lawson let him pass on a 5-1/ 3-3, might of come back and bit him. 

Don't forget the Brit discount for team building! (2.5% or whatever is decided for 2024?);)

Edited by Skidder1

59 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Certainly we need Kyle and Joe to have a good night which they are very capable of .

Edited by foreverblue

31 minutes ago, Barabas said:

If this is an old guy about 70 ooooft called Geoff Hodgson I'd best go & look after ur zimmer your barking up the wrong tree old yin ...you came on here & gave it out i kept to the speedway  ...seen as how your old as the hills & on the werthers originals for your sake ill leave it there when ur on here give it speedway good or bad wright or wrong ...don't call ppl names old timer 

You brave enough to reveal yourself or you going to hide behind keyboard?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Think I know who u r....maybe.

U sit behind me in the main stand at Poole & sometimes chat before the meetings.

Was at Glasgow for the BSN Final 

Hi lbw, are you intending to go up to Glasgow tomorrow? If so, don't forget that flat white before you set off. In fact it's that far you may need three flat whites with a cappuccino thrown in for good measure.

I'm a neutral in all this so just hoping for some good racing, a bit of controversy and may the best team win.

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

You brave enough to reveal yourself or you going to hide behind keyboard?

I would & was going to but dont need to now , your way too old pal go and have a lie down old timer... for ur sake 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Hi lbw, are you intending to go up to Glasgow tomorrow? If so, don't forget that flat white before you set off. In fact it's that far you may need three flat whites with a cappuccino thrown in for good measure.

I'm a neutral in all this so just hoping for some good racing, a bit of controversy and may the best team win.

Hey up Tinker

Not goin up to Glasgee on this occasion but will be down WINborne Road on Wednesday.

Will av to see how I'm feeling on Wednesday regarding the coffee intake as I not been feeling that great overnight with the deli belli ! 

May the best team win but on this occasion the best team is the PIRATES :D

C'mon the Boyzzzzz the Boyzzzzz to entertain u!

:t:

11 minutes ago, Barabas said:

I would & was going to but dont need to now , your way too old pal go and have a lie down old timer... for ur sake 

Dear oh dear.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Coward 

• Like 3