British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your team manager effed up big time. Couln’t believe it. Don’t think he knows the rules regarding reserve swaps.

Not for the first time sadly.

5 minutes ago, orion said:

14 never going be enough ...Pirates to lose

Spot on. Needed to be 20+ for Glasgow to have any chance, they needed to ram home their advantage over the last few heats but those last places have cost them. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Evenly poised .IMO.Depends if Tarasenko takes to Poole.

He went off the boil tonight , was poor in his last ride.

Ties still alive but can't help feeling let them off hook. Fair play to Poole 2nd half, top class from bomber again. What idiot said it was a mistake signing him :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very much in the balance I was hoping around 10pts and not to much more and considering we were 18 down to end up with 14pt loss isn’t to bad,think a lot hinges on how Tarasenko and Brennan go and ideally we need Rowe back aswell,think we can do it but will be very close 

• Like 1

I would have taken 14 points three hours ago, but now feel like it should have been more.

Harris was sensational but Basso and Tarasenko made no impact when they didn’t gate.

And Brennan isn’t pushing on like I hoped he would.
Respect to the Pirates for their mid match revival.
A bit of rain forecast Wednesday evening, and Tarasenko didn’t like it against Oxford. He was very tentative.

As for our reserves, Ace looks well off the pace but Lee looking more confident.
However, not sure of them making any impact against the Poole reserves at Wimborne Road. 

Our big 3 have got a lot of responsibility, but at least we now have a chance.
Before Tarasenko, we would not have had one.

Edited by Jonimac

Glasgow fans frustrated tonight thinking, “We shuid hae hud a muckle bigger leid.”

Poole fans tonight thinking, “how the hell are we only 14 down?”

Wimborne Road is going to be packed. Can the boys fight back, or will Bomber almost single handedly win it for Tigers? He has big, big history at Poole winning it for Bees in 2010 and for Poole against Somerset in heat 15 beating Doyle. 

Will be interesting to see if Cami gives Ace 4 rides on Wednesday. That's assuming Ace is scoring like he has been since he came back from injury. 

Also excuse my ignorance but can Jack Smith take any rides tomo for Ace or Lee if either aren't scoring ? 

Edited by DJEuan

1 minute ago, DJEuan said:

Will be interesting to see if Cami gives Ace 4 rides tomo. That's assuming Ace is scoring like he has been since he came back from injury. 

Also excuse my ignorance but can Jack Smith take any rides tomo for Ace or Lee if either aren't scoring ? 

Smith is injured. A number 8 can replace any rider but the rider he is replacing must have 3 programmed rides.

Pijper won heat 2 at Poole earlier this season.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

21 minutes ago, lewy said:

14pts will not be enough for Glasgow ,needed at least 20pt lead imo.

I think it will be enough, Glasgow will be up for this 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Smith is injured.

That's what i mean....i didn't even know Jack Smith was injured. :neutral:

Edited by DJEuan

Huge result for Poole , 20+ looked sure thing after 5 races. Pirates favs for sure

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He went off the boil tonight , was poor in his last ride.

What’s that got to do with how he will go at Poole though.Personally think he prefers slicker tracks and can gate.Glasgow done well tonight but I’m sure Tigers fans will be thinking they let Poole of the hook tonight.Fair play to Pirates.

Is there any Tigers fan who wants Brown to be the team manager next year? 

I'm not asking if he's a great guy. 

I'm not asking if he's a great supporter of Glasgow speedway. 

I'm asking is he a good team manager, yes or no?