British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

2 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Oh Cami has replied on Facebook. " Lee Complin had 6 rides had a fall and problems with his steel shoe 7 rides in 14 races is extremely difficult"

Total bollocks. 

He's embarrassing.

Complin would have bitten his hand off for 7 rides. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Oh Cami has replied on Facebook. " Lee Complin had 6 rides had a fall and problems with his steel shoe 7 rides in 14 races is extremely difficult"

Now if Lee had come out and said this I would accept it.

But he has made the exact same mistake in the exact same heat the past two meetings, he only got away with it last week as the ref called an all 4 back and Ace was injured.

I’m sorry but I’m not buying that one.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 6

I'm not buying it either. I just watched the stream back and the gap between Ht9 ending and Ht12 was just over 15 mins. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

I'm not buying it either. I just watched the stream back and the gap between Ht9 ending and Ht12 was just over 15 mins. 

Although he was having a problem with his steel shoe at one point so that bit maybe true.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Although he was having a problem with his steel shoe at one point so that bit maybe true.

He lost his steel shoe on the 4th bend in heat 9 , I am pretty sure they would have.resolved any issue with it by heat 12.

As I say I’m not buying that excuse.

Add into the fact he was still faster than Ace without a steel shoe and no disrespect to Ace he was having a poor night and shouldn’t have been anywhere near heat 12.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Well, that's fair enough, although I feel a stronger team manager would tell him to go and do it anyway, as he had a better chance of scoring. Just give him a pritt stick for the shoe.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I can’t say for certain as we’re I stand it wasn’t conclusive if there was contact.

But I am guessing that the referee would have used the BSN footage if he wasn’t sure to confirm if there was contact.

Based on this are you basing your view of it from the BSN footage ?.

Genuine question as I haven’t seen the footage.

I thought it was 50/50 a more experienced rider would have moved out slightly and rode it out Joe wasn’t out of control.Think Ace thought there was going to be a crash .Minimal contact but it’s the Refs decision and I can understand it.(only my opinion).I’ve said it before but IMO Ace has an awkward riding style he seems to be quite far back on the bike and it gets away from him if he gets into tight situations.This is just an observation not a criticism.He is talent and will no doubt get better.It’s a tough ask at times at this level.

Edited by Fromafar

Not long home; a great result for Glasgow, but a big missed opportunity to finish the tie.

You’d have bitten someone’s hand off for a fourteen point win before the meeting, but that Poole side were rattled and there for the taking at the mid-point, so Glasgow will be somewhat disappointed not to have stretched their lead.

Harris was unreal, but Cami Brown must be hugely disappointed by Tarasenko and Basso’s collapse in the second half of the meeting.

Brown’s inclusion of Pijper in heat twelve was gross mismanagement. He did it last week, but to make the same mistake repeatedly with so much at stake was criminal. Ian Steel lost his job for less.

I’d like to add that these experiences will do Pijper wonders. I don’t agree with his inclusion in heat twelve, but I have huge admiration for Glasgow’s commitment to investing in youth; to afford a 16 or 17 year-old a full-time role in the team and make the grand final is a credit to the club.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I thought it was 50/50 a more experienced rider would have moved out slightly and rode it out Joe wasn’t out of control.Think Ace thought there was going to be a crash .Minimal contact but it’s the Refs decision and I can understand it.(only my opinion).I’ve said it before but IMO Ace has an awkward riding style he seems to be quite far back on the bike and it gets away from him if he gets into tight situations.This is just an observation not a criticism.He is talent and will no doubt get better.It’s a tough ask at times at this level.

Agree about his riding style but he is a talented kid I think he just needs to believe in himself more.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

He gave him 7 rides in the league match against Oxford though.

Also, I’m only a month or so back at speedway, so didn’t see Glasgow’s last encounter at Poole, but I did see the result on Speedway Updates and it made for an interesting read.

Compared to that fixture, Glasgow will now have Tarasenko and Basso which significantly strengthens them.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

He gave him 7 rides in the league match against Oxford though.

His steel shoe could only manage 6 tonight.

After all it’s a big ask for a steel shoe to do 7 rides in 14 heats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He totally lost his steel shoe in one heat and it also came loose in another. 

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

His steel shoe could only manage 6 tonight.

After all it’s a big ask for a steel shoe to do 7 rides in 14 heats.

How many rides is a steel shoe allowed to do when a team runs RR?:D

3 hours ago, mikebv said:

How many rides is a steel shoe allowed to do when a team runs RR?:D

Sounds like a story out of 'Cinder'ella ! :rofl: