British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

33 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Pearson away to Glasgow

Are Glasgow running 2 Teams with the numbers of riders who are meant to be going there.!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would like to think that Pearson might show a bit of loyalty After Plymouth picked him up after Birmingham dropped him,no one else wanted him at the time maybe he could show a bit of loyalty back but then this is speedway.

I would have expected some sort of comment from the club on their website rather than simply putting up the BSPL AGM statement!?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Are Glasgow running 2 Teams with the numbers of riders who are meant to be going there.!!!!!!

Happens every season, where just about every rider is rumoured to be heading to Glasgow. Don`t see Pearson ending up at Glasgow as it would leave Pearson and Pijper as the Glasgow bottom two which is weak IMO. 

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Happens every season, where just about every rider is rumoured to be heading to Glasgow. Don`t see Pearson ending up at Glasgow as it would leave Pearson and Pijper as the Glasgow bottom two which is weak IMO. 

Pearson would be a decent signing IMO.

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I would have expected some sort of comment from the club on their website rather than simply putting up the BSPL AGM statement!?

May be a longer trip to deepest Cornwall for the Promoter from an Airport with service to Tenerife in November than most.??? 

No need for the sarcasm is there really? 

Whoops no Poole Speedway News updates since October 30th

Very tardy

Edited by HGould
Para add
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

You seem very concerned about Plymouth, you'd be better off checking Poole's website.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Happens every season, where just about every rider is rumoured to be heading to Glasgow. Don`t see Pearson ending up at Glasgow as it would leave Pearson and Pijper as the Glasgow bottom two which is weak IMO

Weak compared to what though?……..how can you say that when we don’t know who other teams’ tail enders will be?…..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Weak compared to what though?……..how can you say that when we don’t know who other teams’ tail enders will be?…..

Agree if Pearson was at reserve he would be a good signing for any Team

Edited by Fromafar

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Pearson would be a decent signing IMO.

Would definitely second that.  Having watched him both live and on video, he does look a good prospect.  Am sure he will make further strides in 2024.  Whoever gets him has made an astute choice in my view.

2 hours ago, screm said:

That could be stronger than their title winning reserves in a weaker league.

That being said, I'd assume Pearson would be happy to return to Plymouth as his scoring improved post-Birmingham.

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I would like to think that Pearson might show a bit of loyalty After Plymouth picked him up after Birmingham dropped him,no one else wanted him at the time maybe he could show a bit of loyalty back but then this is speedway.

Part of me agrees with you, but then again, many clubs show no loyalty, so you could argue why should riders?

42 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Agree if Pearson was at reserve he would be a good signing for any Team

Having looked at the averages though, assuming that both Complin and Pijper are returning, Pearson would be in the main body. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Having looked at the averages though, assuming that both Complin and Pijper are returning, Pearson would be in the main body. 

That’s what I though regarding Tigers.

4 hours ago, HGould said:

May be a longer trip to deepest Cornwall for the Promoter from an Airport with service to Tenerife in November than most.??? 

No need for the sarcasm is there really? 

Whoops no Poole Speedway News updates since October 30th

Very tardy

https://www.poole-speedway.com/news/view/20231118-agm-reaction

Hmm, maybe need to get your glasses out then :D

• Haha 1