British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

Tarasenko although signed on a false average has not won the final for Glasgow though I’m sure the usual Poole thick ones will say he has as they need an excuse 

Ben Cook the only heat leader to get double figures over both meetings 

Worrall and Lawson cost Poole….. wrong to let King go at least he would have bottled

Anyone missing Shovlars biased commentary??

Only does it when they do well 

I do feel sorry for genuine Poole fans as my team choked as well … but for Shovlar hahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

Poole have won something tonight.. 

Their fans have just become the "World Hide and Seek Champions"...

Looks like a bit longer before they get found too... :D

• Haha 9

That’s how bad that track is. The most entertaining rider in the country over the past 20+ years who’s passed more opponents than I’ve passed wind isn’t able to even attempt a pass on Worrall.

Follow the leader, basically. How do you manage to make a track so bad?

Chris must be coming up to 25 years in the top flight.  And he always comes good in the second half of the season as regular as clockwork.

Warmest congratulations to Glasgow and the faithful Paulco, a well deserved win.  Almost feels as good as 2010, is Shovlar going to disappear to Rome again for sanctuary, I wonder.   :party:

Edited by jrs

4 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

He seems like a lovely guy. Always has.

Met him for the first time on Monday night and had a talk with him really lovely guy.

• Like 2

Absolutely superb from the Glasgow promotion in showing the final in their stadium on their big screen... something that was sadly missing from Leicester last year!

:t::t::t:

• Like 5

Just now, iainb said:

Absolutely superb from the Glasgow promotion in showing the final in their stadium on their big screen... something that was sadly missing from Leicester last year!

Are we allowed to celebrate now? Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He scored 6 tonight from his programmed rides … and 9 from 5 in the home leg….. that’s not a 9 average performance 

The Poole mafia will say it was and Edinburgh fans but in the final Pooles top riders haven’t shown up 

Still had a massive effect on the side as whole. Moving Brennan from riding at 5 to number 2 with bomber has obviously improved them also. That wouldn’t have happened if they got him in on a 5. Only side who could afford to do so without going bust also. Hopefully the bspa will rewrite the rule on averages so things like this don’t happen again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, iainb said:

Don't get me wound up again I've only just calmed down from that ..only took a year lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Tarasenko although signed on a false average has not won the final for Glasgow though I’m sure the usual Poole thick ones will say he has as they need an excuse 

Ben Cook the only heat leader to get double figures over both meetings 

Worrall and Lawson cost Poole….. wrong to let King go at least he would have bottled

Anyone missing Shovlars biased commentary??

Only does it when they do well 

I do feel sorry for genuine Poole fans as my team choked as well … but for Shovlar hahahahahahahaha

Its brilliant to see Poole choke but Tarasenko scored more than the rider he replaced would have .Nowak got 000 on his last visit. Not saying its the sole factor, but it certainly played its part. 

anyway , well done Glasgow. Best team over the two legs won and its hard to believe Poole actually won that match.

6 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

That’s how bad that track is. The most entertaining rider in the country over the past 20+ years who’s passed more opponents than I’ve passed wind isn’t able to even attempt a pass on Worrall.

Follow the leader, basically. How do you manage to make a track so bad?

Live by the sword die by the sword 

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Are we allowed to celebrate now? Lol 

Go for it :t: :D

• Thanks 1