British Speedway Forum
Neila

NDLRC take 2 Sunday 15th October

Last meeting at the northside arena and its a big one, the leagues top rider battle it out to be riders champion. With the weather looking good and after last week the track producing good racing should be good. Hope some travelling fans decide to come along 

Come on down to cheer your favourite rider

• Like 1

Do we have a line up yet?

Should be same or similar to original line up, unless injuries stop them riding 

Line up is on britishspeedway.co.uk for Sundays re staging 2pm tapes up

Apparently this is a protected meeting,  but some riders have been told to ride for Poole and scunny,  looks like the leader of the bspa Mr Godfrey does not abide by the rules, just what is best for himself and other clubs:(

26 minutes ago, Neila said:

Apparently this is a protected meeting,  but some riders have been told to ride for Poole and scunny,  looks like the leader of the bspa Mr Godfrey does not abide by the rules, just what is best for himself and other clubs:(

Indeed. Clearly we are being too naive in believing that the SCB regulations are a reliable source in such circumstances.

There is also a big double standard in that Atkins (and Jenkins if fit) appear to have been punished by exclusion from this meeting for doing exactly what Thompson (J) and Ablitt are now doing.

• Like 1

To be honest isn't this why fans walk away, rules are only followed when it suits certain individuals. I've managed to ignore all the rubbish that goes on in this sport and just enjoy the racing but with Monmore going I'm losing interest now. Things like this that never bothered me before are starting to annoy me now especially without a team to follow 

• Like 2

So the rules are ignored by Mr Godfrey to the benefit of Poole and Scunthorpe and the detriment of Workington and the NDL. Interesting that neither Poole or Scunthorpe have NDL teams and the memory of how the NDL were treated when IOW were forced out of BSPL sanctioned racing and went under the NORA banner.

This is starting to look like a situation where the NDL could be dropped which means IOW could be joined by a number of other clubs. If that happens it will the exact opposite to what BSPL would want which just shows how good they are at guiding the sport in the right direction and also proves why the sport is in such a mess.

So how does NORA league with IOW, Kent, Plymouth, Mildenhall and Workington sound for a starting point?

14 hours ago, arnieg said:

Indeed. Clearly we are being too naive in believing that the SCB regulations are a reliable source in such circumstances.

There is also a big double standard in that Atkins (and Jenkins if fit) appear to have been punished by exclusion from this meeting for doing exactly what Thompson (J) and Ablitt are now doing.

Rob Godfrey has often had the attitude that the NDL is secondary to the upper leagues (after Scunthorpe left it, of course) and can be used for their benefit regardless of the effect on the third tier. Its why Isle of Wight are no longer part of the BSPA set up.

I did think of ending my speedway retirement for this one - the weather looks good, its a superb run up to Cumbria and I can do some walking in the Lakes - but that line up doesn't exactly encourage me to do so.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Rob Godfrey has often had the attitude that the NDL is secondary to the upper leagues (after Scunthorpe left it, of course) and can be used for their benefit regardless of the effect on the third tier. Its why Isle of Wight are no longer part of the BSPA set up.

I did think of ending my speedway retirement for this one - the weather looks good, its a superb run up to Cumbria and I can do some walking in the Lakes - but that line up doesn't exactly encourage me to do so.

Retirement !

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Retirement !

Sort of :D

Not sure what happened but from watching 70-80 meetings a season prior to the pandemic I simply lost interest on return this season. The straw that broke the camel's back was the appalling BSPA decision to fine Kent Speedway for something that was entirely out of their control and was nothing less than vicious. 

Workington was, however, always one of my favourite places to visit so - with the bonus of a superb run up through the Dales and the chance of some walking - I did think about coming. 

That line up pretty much rules it out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Not sure what happened but from watching 70-80 meetings a season prior to the pandemic I simply lost interest on return this season. The straw that broke the camel's back was the appalling BSPA decision to fine Kent Speedway for something that was entirely out of their control and was nothing less than vicious. 

Workington was, however, always one of my favourite places to visit so - with the bonus of a superb run up through the Dales and the chance of some walking - I did think about coming. 

Get yourself there see what your missing .

45 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

If it’s the same person I think it was you  I stood with on occasion on the second bend at Derwent Park.

Edited by topaz325

41 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

If it’s the same person I think it was you  I stood with on occasion on the second bend at Derwent Park.

Could have been. I certainly stood on the top of the second bend.

• Like 1