British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

39 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

We’ve certainly been spoilt at Glasgow regarding these percentages………lol

Agree Glasgow certainly is racers track,but without Bomber and to an extent Basso even Worrel and Lawson score big round Ashfield.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Agree Glasgow certainly is racers track,but without Bomber and to an extent Basso even Worrel and Lawson score big round Ashfield.

Agree…..but not in the same board scraping manner as Bomber and Basso. These two will be hard to emulate. 

• Like 1

We need to be in a realisation that with the drop to 38 and the reassessing of the Polish riders we won't be having riders of the Class of Basso, Taresenko and others round Ashfield in 2024. 

I'm pretty sure Bomber will be back at one and hopefully Lee too so at least we'll have some fence scraping to witness.

• Like 2

Some Glasgow fans also forget 50% of the league/Cup racing happens at tracks where passing can sometimes be at a premium, Poole,Armadump,Plymouth, Berwick....... So having a rider that can consistently get out the traps faster than the other three riders is of a great benefit.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

We need to be in a realisation that with the drop to 38 and the reassessing of the Polish riders we won't be having riders of the Class of Basso, Taresenko and others round Ashfield in 2024. 

I'm pretty sure Bomber will be back at one and hopefully Lee too so at least we'll have some fence scraping to witness.

And Ace. He'll provide some too.

19 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

When your losing 5½ points from this season's team average total then 2024 by comparison is going to look inferior.

But Steve Worrall was definitely a heatleader, didn't you see him at 5 for Poole in playoff finals? 

I’m not sure if this is tongue in cheek? Those in the know seem to be hinting that a deal to sign Worrall by Glasgow has already been done (as happened with Basso two years ago) which would explain his poor form (IMO) towards the end of the season. I make it 7.11 over the last four meetings and had guessed he’d been told by Poole that he was being released at the end of the season so wasn’t trying so hard. I’m probably completely wrong, usually am. 

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m not sure if this is tongue in cheek? Those in the know seem to be hinting that a deal to sign Worrall by Glasgow has already been done (as happened with Basso two years ago) which would explain his poor form (IMO) towards the end of the season. I make it 7.11 over the last four meetings and had guessed he’d been told by Poole that he was being released at the end of the season so wasn’t trying so hard. I’m probably completely wrong, usually am. 

I very much doubt that Steve deliberately didn't do his best, even if he knew he was no longer in Poole's plan, I also doubt he was tapped up either as it appears to me that he was disappointed and wanted to say goodbye personally to the Poole fans, wherever he ends up I am sure he will give 100% and if it is Glasgow then he will be made welcome.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

I very much doubt that Steve deliberately didn't do his best, even if he knew he was no longer in Poole's plan, I also doubt he was tapped up either as it appears to me that he was disappointed and wanted to say goodbye personally to the Poole fans, wherever he ends up I am sure he will give 100% and if it is Glasgow then he will be made welcome.

I will reserve judgement until after the 2024 1-7s are announced. If Steve has moved to Glasgow, I’m sure there will be plenty of comments. 

Edited by Wee Eck

Eeny meeny minni mo where will he go ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Eeny meeny minni mo where will he go ?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy04hWfgDjg/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

That reel is interesting. 'mutual' decision and 'one great club to another great club.' So could be Glasgow or could well be Edinburgh with good memories there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy04hWfgDjg/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

That reel is interesting. 'mutual' decision and 'one great club to another great club.' So could be Glasgow or could well be Edinburgh with good memories there.

Well he wouldn't say I'm leaving this great club and wherever I go will be a step down tbf lol. Not what you want you're new home fans to hear no matter which it is. Personally not a huge fan of the worrals as riders but think on an 8 he does have a point could add in a weakened league so not the worst decision could make 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Well he wouldn't say I'm leaving this great club and wherever I go will be a step down tbf lol. Not what you want you're new home fans to hear no matter which it is. Personally not a huge fan of the worrals as riders but think on an 8 he does have a point could add in a weakened league so not the worst decision could make 

I get that but it wasn't a leading question so maybe he genuinely thinks it? I think most riders would say Glasgow is a great club with the set up there. Though I only see it from the outside. 

Average a bit under 8, like 7.84 or something similar so think it will be a bargain in a 38 point limit. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I get that but it wasn't a leading question so maybe he genuinely thinks it? I think most riders would say Glasgow is a great club with the set up there. Though I only see it from the outside. 

Average a bit under 8, like 7.84 or something similar so think it will be a bargain in a 38 point limit. 

I think he's had hangover from testimonial too, seen that happen many times before. When compare similar average options are sedgy and batch brother Steve looking all the more enticing!!