British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

And he’s over that now, and has a proper diagnosis.

You can’t say that he isn’t one of the top 3 riders in the league. Arguably number 1 as consistently proven over the last 10+ years

We have placed a Cookie in your team for 2024.   This should ensure you have maximum enjoyment of your season.  Good luck Craig.

Like the look of this potential team

Workington  
Craig Cook 8.52
Michael P Toft 7.01
Claus Vissing 6.24
Anders Rowe 5.80
Dan Gilkes 4.84
Adam Roynon 3.50
Sam McGurk 2.00
Total 37.91

Good luck to Cookie on his return to the Comets.

Still one of the top riders in the league and a proven number 1.

• Like 2

Brilliant news for us welcome back Cookie one of the best number 1s in the league and a local lad riding where he should be! 

Looked very quick when practicing around our track looking forward to watching him back in Blue and White !

3 hours ago, scaramanga said:

too much focus on heat leaders 

teams are more successful  with strong reserves and 2nd strings that improve rather than strong heat leader who mins every race but his partner only picks up points if others don't finish race 

Everyone is raving about Sheffield (weak reserves) but saying Plymouth look terrible (strong reserves).

A strong heat leader & a weak reserve still gets a 3-3 against second strings & strong reserves.

With less heat leaders available this year, all teams will want to have two, points limit stops you having 3 (except Poole who could have 4). Then improving riders at the bottom end could prove the difference.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

While there is a risk signing Cook.

,but still one of the top Men in the League if he gets his act together,good luck to him.

• Like 2

We all the know (some of) the ifs and buts surrounding Craig.

But let's be cheerful and optimistic for him and Workington. Both have come back from the brink and we should celebrate.
Good luck to both in 2024.

• Like 5

Cookie is a class signing.......

If his heads in the game he is 100% the best rider in the league 

• Like 2

I think it’s great that cooks signed for a team where he’s loved, it’s a bit like my team with barker if the rider feels wanted they always perform that little bit better, I no the comets fans will give him all the love and encouragement and hopefully Craig is in a good place comfortable in his surroundings it all bodes well and I can see him being one of the top riders in the league. Well done Workington and good luck Craig I look forward to seeing you down at Plymouth when hopefully you will have your one and only stinker lol.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I think it’s great that cooks signed for a team where he’s loved, it’s a bit like my team with barker if the rider feels wanted they always perform that little bit better, I no the comets fans will give him all the love and encouragement and hopefully Craig is in a good place comfortable in his surroundings it all bodes well and I can see him being one of the top riders in the league. Well done Workington and good luck Craig I look forward to seeing you down at Plymouth when hopefully you will have your one and only stinker lol.

Think the fans at Edinburgh and Glasgow also loved him

• Like 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

Promotions didn’t in the end. He will be loved at workington by all. Don’t poke the bear.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Very much so!

• Like 1