British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Palm-Toft & Vissing would be great signings imo, but that leaves 4.23 for a reserve & look at the struggles Poole had to find someone on that average!

If Josh MacDonald wants to come back over they could do a lot worse on his average. Didn’t have any luck at Oxford but has potential to be a solid reserve. 

Wonder if the promotion have got any more early Xmas presents for the fans ?  UTC

1 hour ago, J-D said:

If Josh MacDonald wants to come back over they could do a lot worse on his average. Didn’t have any luck at Oxford but has potential to be a solid reserve. 

MacDonald hasn't impressed me, didn't reach his 4.00 average at Scunny & had a horrendous time at Oxford, granted he had injury issues. However he'd be at reserve, so against 2.00 riders could be ok. Personally I'd pick Proctor ahead of him.

18 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Decent chunk left, hopefully don't let a good start to team building slip 

Chunk?    Josh McD? 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

MacDonald hasn't impressed me, didn't reach his 4.00 average at Scunny & had a horrendous time at Oxford, granted he had injury issues. However he'd be at reserve, so against 2.00 riders could be ok. Personally I'd pick Proctor ahead of him.

Proctor past it IMO 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Proctor past it IMO 

100% past his best, but may still be the best rider available on a 4.00 average.

Leaves them under but surely it’ll be Roynon as the other reserve if there’s c.4 points to play with?

adam roynon on his day around old workington track was fantastic 

sadly now hes a shadow of the rider he once was and very injury prone 

• Like 1

Could Max Clegg sign ? Think his average is higher than I thought but in a weaker league he could be a smart signing 

17 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Could Max Clegg sign ? Think his average is higher than I thought but in a weaker league he could be a smart signing 

Doubt he’ll be signing for anyone, unless he’s at Edinburgh 

• Like 1

I’d be happy with Adam Roynon in the team, plenty of experience and will get us a few points. Yes I’m aware he’s not the rider he used to be but he’s still worthy of a team place especially on his average.

Don’t know what’s left for the comets for the last riders but for me Zaine Kennedy  would be a good shout on a low average 

17 minutes ago, paul84 said:

I’d be happy with Adam Roynon in the team, plenty of experience and will get us a few points. Yes I’m aware he’s not the rider he used to be but he’s still worthy of a team place especially on his average.

I watched Adam Roynon at Glasgow and second half juniors were faster.

I would steer clear better out there.

• Like 1