British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

IF it is Berge then Worky have a team full of "personality" if that works then it could be a very strong year, if it doesn't the blow up is going to be entertaining. 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

IF it is Berge then Worky have a team full of "personality" if that works then it could be a very strong year, if it doesn't the blow up is going to be entertaining. 

Berge’s “personality’ has always been if he’s not in the mood he doesn’t try a leg,as some Clubs have found out.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Berge’s “personality’ has always been if he’s not in the mood he doesn’t try a leg,as some Clubs have found out.

If he signs for Workington he'll be one of the best riders in the league it's a risk worth taking if you ask me 

Edited by Supersteady84

Berge has/had gone AWOL in past seasons, and that's before polish, long track and grasstrack commitments at weekends 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

If he signs for Workington he'll be one of the best riders in the league it's a risk worth taking if you ask me 

He wont be one of the best riders in the league, he is inconsistent and will not be a top scorer. A very risky choice but not the only risky choice is this team. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Supersteady84 said:

He's not proved anything in Britain other than being moody.

• Like 2

Out of all the teams in the Championship, the Workington one interests me the most. Not only a female rider but a few unknown quantities and I think they will be entertaining to watch and could spring a few surprises. 

If Cookie and Batch can both get into the mindset where they are determined to prove the doubters wrong and ride to their full capabilities then who knows how far the team can go.

I wish the promotion well and for "thinking outside the box" and it's certainly a team which has got people talking. Good luck! 

• Like 6

Given worky have several inconsistencies in their line up surely you want someone in there going to score a steady 6-8 every meeting. How to put this sensitively, Dimitri has what they call a Gaelic temperament and if he's not in the mood then you'll have 2 point reserves beating him. For context see bellego last year. He might score you a max one week and 0 the next, always the way he's been in this country. Would he have his best equipment and attitude over here? I have my severe doubts!

• Like 4

Cook, Batch, Berge in the same team is a car crash waiting to happen 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Cook, Batch, Berge in the same team is a car crash waiting to happen 

no its still mortorcycle speedway 

not american oval racing no cars allowed 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Given worky have several inconsistencies in their line up surely you want someone in there going to score a steady 6-8 every meeting. How to put this sensitively, Dimitri has what they call a Gaelic temperament and if he's not in the mood then you'll have 2 point reserves beating him. For context see bellego last year. He might score you a max one week and 0 the next, always the way he's been in this country. Would he have his best equipment and attitude over here? I have my severe doubts!

Yes Bellego looked a reasonable signing until he actually got on his bike!  Berge has a relatively poor average given his ability, typical of most French sportsmen he can be brilliant but too often isn't.

• Like 1

Bergé was doing great riding for my club Landshut in the Polish Div.1 in the past two years. Moody, yes, sometimes, but most of the time simply brillant.
He concentrates on speedway now, and does not ride in long-track or grass track meetings anymore. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He wont be one of the best riders in the league, he is inconsistent and will not be a top scorer. A very risky choice but not the only risky choice is this team. 

If he does sign we'll soon see who's right and who's wrong 

36 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Mibbies aye mibbies naw. :cheers:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Supersteady84 said:

I doubt he has signed, it would have been announced by now and it as been taken off wikipedia.