British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

im not really bothered about none in the line up but when there's 3 from 1 club who are not really outstanding riders i just feel its a little wrong 

but there maybe is reasons there in possibly they have received help and wont to give a little back who knows

Think your last paragraph has more to do with it than any other part, especially Starkey who explains why he is keen to do this.

Interview on the GB speedway website if you’re interested.

Edited by Gazc

i also suspect a lot of glasgow fans will turn up regardless where its staged

lot of respect for glasgow fans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

i also suspect a lot of glasgow fans will turn up regardless where its staged

There are plans for a bus, and I know of a number who are planning to be there.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 3:18 PM, scaramanga said:

Riders announced to date for the Bonanza: Ben Barker, Freddie Lindgren, Dan Bewley, Tom Brennan, Danny King, Erik Riss, Sam Masters, Simon Lambert, Justin Sedgmen, Steve Worrall, Leon Flint, Paul Starke.

12 riders now named but not 1 comet 

not too fussed to be fair as some good riders listed but 3 from 1 team to gain track experience  and no home track rider so far 

You have to think Cook will be named in due course. He would be a great draw and needs the competitive track time. IMO

19 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

You have to think Cook will be named in due course. He would be a great draw and needs the competitive track time. IMO

i dont share your view and from what im told cook has not been approached 

56 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

Do you need approached,could he not volunteer his services.

2 hours ago, scaramanga said:

I'm sure the way the Bonaza works is that the riders volenteer their services for free or expenses only. The sole aim of the BEN fund is to support injured riders both short & long term however  best they can. The main fund raiser is the now anual Bonaza.

Good luck to the riders, Paul Ackroyd & his team for a successful 2024 event.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Think the Ben Fund meeting would also be a good 'test the water meeting' for Celina Liebmann in addition the Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue.  She will need to jump at in the deep end & race the top riders sooner or later but think a meeting of this kind, on her home track, would be a good, better ?, 'test the water' meeting for her.  As with everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing her race, good luck to her hope she goes well....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I'm sure the way the Bonaza works is that the riders volenteer their services for free or expenses only. The sole aim of the BEN fund is to support injured riders both short & long term however  best they can. The main fund raiser is the now anual Bonaza.

Good luck to the riders, Paul Ackroyd & his team for a successful 2024 event.

so the story about Paul phoning ben barker and saying do i need to ask you is wrong then 

The Ben Fund also take into account taking the first meeting off the holding promotion.

They guaranteed a big crowd so maybe good idea not including any Comets leave them for our first meeting.

2 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Think the Ben Fund meeting would also be a good 'test the water meeting' for Celina Liebmann in addition the Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue.  She will need to jump at in the deep end & race the top riders sooner or later but think a meeting of this kind, on her home track, would be a good, better ?, 'test the water' meeting for her.  As with everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing her race, good luck to her hope she goes well....

Think Celina is riding in a separate ladies section of the Ben fund meeting, along with the young kids section 

Press & Practice set for Sat 23 March at 12 noon (admission FREE):

May be an image of 1 person, dirt bike, motorcycle and text

30 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think Celina is riding in a separate ladies section of the Ben fund meeting, along with the young kids section 

I hope that's a joke, equality and all that :nono:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

I hope that's a joke, equality and all that :nono:

Sorry if I came across wrong, but the young kids 16 and under are having a few races, and Celina, Katie Gordon and a couple of other ladies are having their own races, hope it clears up the confusion :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Neila said:

Sorry if I came across wrong, but the young kids 16 and under are having a few races, and Celina, Katie Gordon and a couple of other ladies are having their own races, hope it clears up the confusion :)

Maybe she should have a 10 metre head start when riding for workington,?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1