British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

But Steve... You said you wanted that "loophole" closed. Make up your mind man :rolleyes:

Surely Glasgow fans have no objections? I mean, it’s no different to Tarasenko coming in. 

54 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Surely Glasgow fans have no objections? I mean, it’s no different to Tarasenko coming in. 

Absolutely not. Thems the rules. Was yourself with the objections 

10 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Both have had numerous stints at Poole, successful ones too, both have low averages and are capable of more. Team building is about building a team with riders who can add more to there average. 

Starke last rode more than 2 meetings for Poole in 2017, since then he's only gone one way and looked a shadow of himself at times last year and this. That ill fated season at Newcastle did him no favours.

Lot of time for him but if he is the answer the only question what's left to fit in until we can change something.

Nielsen '21 and wasn't too bad but some very bad injuries regularly 3.85 (+reduction) is a gamble but if you need a 3 pointer I'd stick with Thompson - if possible! 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, we will train him up for you just like Basso and Hume ;):D

You do realise Poole or any other team don’t train riders.

They progress themselves at there pace.

21 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You do realise Poole or any other team don’t train riders.

They progress themselves at there pace.

Yes, it was a joke in relation to Jaizer saying Glasgow don't take risks with assessed riders, they let others do that and sign them further down the line when they are more established. 

• Like 1

Just read someone mentioning Rew.

Thought I saw on Polish Speedway site he was being promoted into Leszno team for 24 as their under 24 foreign rider with maybe Lidsey moving on as he is 25 in Feb.

If this is the case would Rew really ride  Leszno - Ipswich in Prem and Poole in Champ with all the meetings that take place over Fri/Sat in Champ ??

Nice if we could get him but would have thought Sweden on Tuesday would fit his schedule better ??

Also Jack Thomas ??. After that nasty crash and possibly life changing injury, is the guy even up and walking again normally let alone riding a bike again. I have seen nothing on him since being hospitalised back in March. Again I hope things are back to normal with him.

Must admit it's the first time I can recall in seasons that 2 riders said they were moving on from Poole before one of the Ford's announcing it and 2 weeks before the AGM. They normally like to maximise Poole's media coverage with all releases/signingds in reference to riders.

Must admit the Rowe news was a surprise and let's hope there is something more exciting in news in the offering even with the 7.55 we have to lose under what looks like the new limit.

51 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Thought I saw on Polish Speedway site he was being promoted into Leszno team for 24 as their under 24 foreign rider with maybe Lidsey moving on as he is 25 in Feb.

If this is the case would Rew really ride  Leszno - Ipswich in Prem and Poole in Champ with all the meetings that take place over Fri/Sat in Champ ??

Nice if we could get him but would have thought Sweden on Tuesday would fit his schedule better ??

Also Jack Thomas ??. After that nasty crash and possibly life changing injury, is the guy even up and walking again normally let alone riding a bike again. I have seen nothing on him since being hospitalised back in March. Again I hope things are back to normal with him.

Must admit it's the first time I can recall in seasons that 2 riders said they were moving on from Poole before one of the Ford's announcing it and 2 weeks before the AGM. They normally like to maximise Poole's media coverage with all releases/signingds in reference to riders.

Must admit the Rowe news was a surprise and let's hope there is something more exciting in news in the offering even with the 7.55 we have to lose under what looks like the new limit.

Regarding Jack Thomas he has been riding his Motorcross bike recently, so should be okay? 

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

You clearly weren't at Wimborne Road a few weeks ago when Jack, his missus and new born baby were greeted by the Poole crowd and interviewed by Nigel in front of the main grandstand!

Playing devil's advocate here. 

Anders said he was 99.9% promised but they changed their mind. 

Brummies now look very uncertain to have a track next season let alone go up. 

Ford's have explained reasons for stepping down and long term future at Wimborne Road far from secure either. 

Poole fans... Would Matt Ford go back up to PL to ensure there was a PL and to ensure Eurosport deal wasn't broken. 

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Ford's have explained reasons for stepping down and long term future at Wimborne Road far from secure either. 

Poole fans... Would Matt Ford go back up to PL to ensure there was a PL and to ensure Eurosport deal wasn't broken. 

I was going to say a resounding 'NO' -  But if the Premiership (or whats left of it) allowed Poole to race Wednesdays, who knows? Although if he did I reckon he would want to be much more 'hands on' than being in France allows!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

Matt Ford will do what's best for Matt Ford, imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Matt Ford will do what's best for Matt Ford, in imho.

What, like adding his weight to the Save Coventry Stadium fight?!

• Like 1

Jack Thomas was in attendance at one of the Poole meetings, seemed to be getting around ok