British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Is there a way to contact the admin team or is it done through posting?

Just send Phil a PM- you will find him on the opening post on the jokes thread.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Just send Phil a PM- you will find him on the opening post on the jokes thread.

I sent Phil a PM around a week ago, no reply so far. I contacted regarding the 'LIKE' button not working. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 7:18 AM, Ray Stadia said:

I sent Phil a PM around a week ago, no reply so far. I contacted regarding the 'LIKE' button not working. 

The “like” button working for me.(on I Pad)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The “like” button working for me.(on I Pad)

Seems to not work for people at different times. I wonder if there is a limit? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Seems to not work for people at different times. I wonder if there is a limit? 

works for me all the time on mobile... but only for some users when I try in on PC

I've sent the admin team messages in the past but never receive an acknowledgement...not sure if that's normal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

I've sent the admin team messages in the past but never receive an acknowledgement...not sure if that's normal?

Strange that. I have been trying to get in contact informing them that they have inherited a lot of money. I only want their bank details so i can send it off. But not a dickie bird

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Strange that. I have been trying to get in contact informing them that they have inherited a lot of money. I only want their bank details so i can send it off. But not a dickie bird

But Dickie Bird has retired!!:rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

A Nigerian Prince beat you to it.

• Haha 1

There can be limits imposed on Forum sites, reading the help guides about Forums online.

Typically i use Google Chrome as a browser (Android Phone & Chromebook)

I've seen comments on a few threads, from a number of people who use the Forum regularly.

Initially, i had an intermittent problem for a couple of days. However for the last week i haven't been able to like a post, just get an error message.

If i log in/out of the Forum on Chrome it advises that it is submitting information that is not secure.

I also use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge in work. Chrome as a browser has regular updates and has recently had a large update 
This typically causes a lot of problems for people who use Chrome as their default browser.

As a result I have just tried downloading Microsoft Edge on my phone & Chromebook. Using  Edge i am able to like a post, so seemingly it may be Browser related.

Should someone read this with more Technical IT knowledge then they may be able to elaborate further.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrystalCastles said:

I also use Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge in work. Chrome as a browser has regular updates and has recently had a large update 
This typically causes a lot of problems for people who use Chrome as their default browser.

As a result I have just tried downloading Microsoft Edge on my phone & Chromebook. Using  Edge i am able to like a post, so seemingly it may be Browser related.

Great theory! Except that like you, I use Chrome as my browser on my Chromebook and phone, and I have no problem liking a post!

Our darts website has been having some weird problems too. We have downloadble spreadsheets that you use to submit results. 90% of people - including myself - have no problem at all, yet there are a few who say they can't download them!

I think that there is so much stuff out there that conflicts with everything, particularly after there are major updates. It seems to me that nothing is tested properly for compatability before it is unleashed on us. Thing is, it's difficult to find an answer when not everyone is experiencing the same thing.

As I keep saying, technology is great - when it works!

Edited by chunky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chunky said:

Great theory! Except that like you, I use Chrome as my browser on my Chromebook and phone, and I have no problem liking a post!

Our darts website has been having some weird problems too. We have downloadble spreadsheets that you use to submit results. 90% of people - including myself - have no problem at all, yet there are a few who say they can't download them!

I think that there is so much stuff out that conflicts with everything, particularly after there are major updates. It seems to me that nothing is tested properly for compatability before it is unleashed on us. Thing is, it's difficult to find an answer when not everyone is experiencing the same thing.

As I keep saying, technology is great - when it works!

Indeed it is, thanks for replying.

It is really interesting that you have no issue. I don't know whether location makes any difference.

Using a different browser is a potential interim solution if people want to be able to like posts.

People could also try clearing there Browsing Data/Cookies/Cache and check there advert settings as they can be common causes of issues.

My inability to like a post on Chrome could potentially be to do with the connection not being fully secure  i know from experience in work that chrome uses security certificates for websites that are updated on a regular basis (90 days) and sometimes they fail to properly update and on Chrome then you can't do things, but on Edge you still can.

I think the way Chrome operates is different to other browsers but that's when it all starts to get a bit to Technical for me. 

Edited by CrystalCastles
Adding additional comment