British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Speedway of Nations 2024

On 4/14/2024 at 8:58 AM, kevin bass said:

Most people wish you would boycott this Forum:D

Most people just ignore the idiot in the first place

On 4/16/2024 at 7:24 PM, psycho3a said:

Well I got up early to jump on to get a ticket although I think £211 for a adult, 76 year old and 2 kids under 13 to stand is outright scandalous , especially when Cardiff Row 3 in Old block over 1st/2nd bend and pits is only £100 for all of us.. makes no senses 

Just looked and thousands of tickets left in all areas so most must be giving it a wide berth 

It is a risky pricing structure I would suggest..

Four matches being sold, with, I presume, three of them on live TV is a big ask to fill that stadium for every meeting...

Especially with GB (senior team), only in the one meeting..

Maybe they have got it right though and there is great demand for their supply...

to be fair, at Wroclaw last year half the stadium wasn't even open until the final 

Personally I feel the pricing for this event is a scandal. £95 for a child to sit in the main stand for the final? We are meant to be a family sport?? £65 to stand on the back straight?? Way above a premier league pricing structure… who and why set these prices??

• Like 1

It’s hard at times to get one’s head around the fact prices for almost everything and anything have shot up in the last few years. Last year, on holiday south Shropshire we paid £13 for fish, chips and peas each, and that was takeaway price…..no cafe seats, we found a bench in a park.                   
If “we” want live world class speedway on a British track, and Belle Vue is one of the best race tracks in the world, that most of the riders/mechanics, plus officials etc, are travelling many miles mostly from abroad, then it has to be paid for. The erection of the temporary stand on turn 3-4 will cost more than a few quid as well. You can’t compare prices with a uk premiere championship meeting, it’s in a different class.                
It is clearly a case of if you don’t want to pay the price then you don’t attend. I was at BV for the 2016 world team meeting at the atmosphere was pretty amazing. This year I am very happy staying at home watching everything that will be televised for the £6.99 Discovery+ are charging per month.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

to stand in south stand (where i normally stand) 4 meeting package works out at 30.75. per meeting. ill have that. But 65 if just for final.

Edited by DazS
  • Like 1

I won't be attending in person, not for those prices and the prospect of a weather cancellation.

im only 20 min drive away, so not hassle for me.

On 4/18/2024 at 10:12 PM, London Racer said:

Personally I feel the pricing for this event is a scandal. £95 for a child to sit in the main stand for the final? We are meant to be a family sport?? £65 to stand on the back straight?? Way above a premier league pricing structure… who and why set these prices??

The best riders in the world racing on the only British track worthwhile watching speedway at might be the reason 

11 minutes ago, R87 said:

The best riders in the world racing on the only British track worthwhile watching speedway at might be the reason 

In a hyped up best pairs event !!!! 

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2024 at 7:02 PM, arnieg said:

Birmingham Monday on the way up, Oxford on the Sunday afterwards on the way home and Sheffthorpe on the blank Thursday to make 7 meetings in 7 days.

Go on British weather I dare you to foil my plans!

Phil Morris has a pretty good track record of getting meetings on... unlike British Speedway!

On 4/19/2024 at 6:40 AM, OveFundinFan said:

It’s hard at times to get one’s head around the fact prices for almost everything and anything have shot up in the last few years. Last year, on holiday south Shropshire we paid £13 for fish, chips and peas each, and that was takeaway price…..no cafe seats, we found a bench in a park.                   
If “we” want live world class speedway on a British track, and Belle Vue is one of the best race tracks in the world, that most of the riders/mechanics, plus officials etc, are travelling many miles mostly from abroad, then it has to be paid for. The erection of the temporary stand on turn 3-4 will cost more than a few quid as well. You can’t compare prices with a uk premiere championship meeting, it’s in a different class.                
It is clearly a case of if you don’t want to pay the price then you don’t attend. I was at BV for the 2016 world team meeting at the atmosphere was pretty amazing. This year I am very happy staying at home watching everything that will be televised for the £6.99 Discovery+ are charging per month.

There are people that want to see a GP held at the NSS, if they think that they're going to pick up a ticket for the same price as those at Cardiff they're living in cloud cuckoo land, it's simple supply and demand economics... and like you say everything in this country pretty much costs double what it did a few years ago. 

22 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I won't be attending in person, not for those prices and the prospect of a weather cancellation.

Dreamboat Phil will get these meetings on, whatever the conditions

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 2:40 PM, SPEEDY69 said:

Will they be calling off meetings a day in front, like UK Spedway does? :D

It is in Manchester, so maybe a week out? 

• Haha 1

For those that don’t like the “high prices”.  Highest price seat at the Crucible for Snooker World Championship final is £450.  How do you like that? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

For those that don’t like the “high prices”.  Highest price seat at the Crucible for Snooker World Championship final is £450.  How do you like that? 

Bloody hell for that price I d want to be sat right next to the players during the match lol

On 4/23/2024 at 3:39 AM, OveFundinFan said:

Wont be at the Crucible for much longer. Sounds like Hearn has sold his soul to the Saudi's = All in the manner of business of course.