British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar v Workington, 12/ 4/2024 :- BSN Series.

59 minutes ago, iainb said:

I don't think so, I was commenting on his attitude pre the match starting, it was there for all to see. Fair play to him, when he could see there was absolutely nothing wrong with the track he knuckled down and brought home the bacon.

Cookie only gave his own honest opinion which he is entitled to do. The difference is he's not hiding behind a keyboard like many others on here do..

• Like 4

I’m with @iainb on this one.

I’ve just watched the meeting back on BSN and Cook’s demeanour when speaking to Roynon during the pre-meeting captain interviews was shocking.

Considering the last time Cook was at Redcar was the CLRC where he looked like he was trying to impersonate a speedway rider, it’s no wonder someone may anticipate the worst.

Again, delighted to see Cook back to winning races and meetings, but let’s not deny what was clear for everyone to see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I’m with @iainb on this one.

I’ve just watched the meeting back on BSN and Cook’s demeanour when speaking to Roynon during the pre-meeting captain interviews was shocking.

Considering the last time Cook was at Redcar was the CLRC where he looked like he was trying to impersonate a speedway rider, it’s no wonder someone may anticipate the worst.

Again, delighted to see Cook back to winning races and meetings, but let’s  not deny what was clear for everyone to see.

And everyone fell for it,lets be honest roynon wont be the toughest interview anyone does craig done his talking on the track lol

What a night!

After some bad luck in the first heat it looked like we were in for a long night but the Comets dug deep and really impressed especially with limited experience around the STMP.

Great to have plenty of supporters making lots of noise! 

• Like 4

Only one thing wrong tonight,no mention of the passing of tiger john a minutes silence or clapping would have been good.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I said all along I'd have kept Vissing over Flint. Can't believe Glasgow dropped him.

I guess the simple answer is that Vissing has probably peaked and Flint probably hasn't. And that a change of club might see his career move on to the next level. We shall see.

9 hours ago, boz said:

Well done to Worky - both Cook and Batchelor clearly fancied it tonight which is not always the case. Both looked good. Tate took to the track straight away and Vissing was excellent. Celina battled hard and deserved her points. 

Worrying start for the Bears but not panic stations yet. Charles was good I thought but lacked any real support - thought King looked poor. Bailey did OK, but after a good first ride Knudsen was disappointing. Thought Edwards was good. 

Track a bit slick but understandable with the amount of rain over the last few weeks. Not sure if it is too early to get on the blower to Mr Riss.  

I am more than worried with the Redcar side , to throw away a match like that is not going to help with keeping the crowds at the current levels . We are basically riding at the moment with 1 heat leader , none of the others are performing, very disappointing is Danny King, as a previous writer has already said , Hello Erik can you help ….

Replacing King with Riss doesn’t solve Redcars problems of not having a third rider currently being able to be a consistent heat leader.

Losing TJ so late gave the promotion limited options with who they could replace him with. 

It’s also very early days, I’m sure of riders aren’t performing as the season  progresses, changes will happen.

Here is my thoughts for what it’s worth , I was not at Redcar last night for the Worky win :t:but it seems many Redcar fans are jumping the gun already about team changes.

I believe this is the teams first home meeting , so very early days to be making changes and it’s not even a League match that was ran last night.

I predict a top four finish for Redcar in the League and still stand by this.

Well we will find out in 13 days if this was a freak result or not. Workington return in the KOC on the 26th April. 

I wasn't that surprised by the result, as I don't really think Redcar are a strong team. Don't think they are particularly weak either, just a team that will finish below the play-offs. 

Biggest worry is the reserves, as Workington is a team they should be looking to outscore at 6&7 imo. I certainly wouldn't look to make changes yet.

• Like 1

Personally I think it's far too early to make changes, but would you swap Knudsen & Mulford for Riss & Kinsley?

Strong 3rd heat leader, but weaker at reserve.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I wasn't that surprised by the result, as I don't really think Redcar are a strong team. Don't think they are particularly weak either, just a team that will finish below the play-offs. 

Biggest worry is the reserves, as Workington is a team they should be looking to outscore at 6&7 imo. I certainly wouldn't look to make changes yet.

Worky are a massive unknown, with 3 new riders to the country and 2 who, I think it's fair to say, have blown hot and cold in the past. They really could finish anywhere, storm the league in a canter, or cut a drift at the bottom of the league, for me it's what makes them interesting to watch and keep an eye on. On last nights showing, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 4

I think Redcar may need to shuffle the reserves around to get better results for the team, tough on Ben I know , but needs must. Also agree with Redtruck that Jason & Jonas need to swap places. Jason & Danny have spent more time racing each other rather than the opposition so far in both matches. 

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

Worky are a massive unknown, with 3 new riders to the country and 2 who, I think it's fair to say, have blown hot and cold in the past. They really could finish anywhere, storm the league in a canter, or cut a drift at the bottom of the league, for me it's what makes them interesting to watch and keep an eye on. On last nights showing, they'll be a force to be reckoned with.

1 off the best and most unbiassed posts this year

workington is my nearest track and i share your view why somany wrote them off when nobody knows much about tate,anti and celina  and also how troy and craig will go or how lont any of the 5 will last is a big unknown 

sam i think i posted early on i think he will struggle for a good few meetings before coming good much like his progress last year but he never gave in last year and deserved his chance 

no issues with giving celina a go  but sam would have had less pressure with a stronger reserve partner 

im happy enough with what ive seen from the full team so far

• Like 2