British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4thbender

Sheffield v Oxford 02/05/24

Looking forward to giving Noddy a warm welcome back after winning his first GP on Sunday in Croatia.

40 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Looking forward to giving Noddy a warm welcome back after winning his first GP on Sunday in Croatia.

Aint Noddy is his brother 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Aint Noddy is his brother 

Nah... he's Big Ears.

Oxford should provide more of a test than KL did last week, Wright and Harris always on the pace at Owlerton. I imagine Janowski will enjoy riding a big fast track so expect him to push Jack and Tai. Craig Cook replacing injured Lewis Kerr is a good move I think he’ll score 6/7 points. 

score prediction 52-38 home win, Jack and Tai to be the difference 

Oxford definitely have riders who know the fastest way around Owlerton on their day like Wright and Harris, plus Riss and Cook both won ELRC’s there.  Not sure how Janowski will take to it, we’ve seen Poles like Musielak take to it like a duck to water then others Kasperzak, Wodylo, Ulamek etc ride round at half throttle.  Tungate is hit and miss for sure around Owlerton and young Boughen only ridden there one when guested for Sheffield last year for his first ever Premiership match and when gated in Ht8 looked fast out front.  You’d think for Sheffield Jack Holder will be riding the crest of a wave after the weekends SGP win, plus Woffinden be out to show his result was a fluke and get some race wins under his belt to boost his confidence, both Chris Holder and Pickering rode well in their only home meeting of the year so not to much to say about what they can produce, main concern is the bottom three of the team, Howarth’s form away has been OK just riding to his average, home v Kings Lynn he struggled for speed bar one race last time out which is a common theme (does he need a change of tuner or some tweaks to his riding style??) we all know he can get around Owlerton as good as most of the riders averaging 2-3 points more than him, plus his scores in Championship have been really poor for Scunthorpe in a watered down league, Edwards has been better away than at home so far with Gilles the polar opposite as away been in droppable form yet bagged big points in last three rides v a weak Kings Lynn team.  I think this could be quite close, not last heat close but something like a 8-10 home win 

Won’t make tonight but glorious weather here today so can’t foresee any rain off issues! Home win for me too by about ten I reckon - Holder jnr might get a max too 

Poor team management giving Charles & Bomber 4 rides when Cook is flying at reserve

• Like 3

Great nights entertainment at owlerton once more. Obvious star performer Craig Cook absolute world class gating all night was always the first one heading down the back straight whichever race he was in, Chris Holder only tiger to beat him with a very well worked pass on the last bend, he really was flying out the gate and riding the right lines. 
Woffy and the Holder bros kept us always looking likely to the win the meeting but I thought it was competitive throughout. Riss and Pickering deserved more points for their efforts, Pickering with some great passes on Janowski and Tungate. 

be very interesting to see what Oxford do with their team when Kerr is back fit 

Very pleased with the home win on my first 400 mile round trip of the season, but equally so to see Craig Cook shaking off his demons so effectively Great to see hugs from Steady and others positively encouraging him in the pits after the meeting. I only hope the planting of a sloppy smacker on his cheek, by Peter Shroek, doesn't ruin the good work. :lol: Craig appreciated the compliment though. 

• Like 3

Good performance from the Tigers against a very solid Oxford side who will definitely be in the playoffs at the end of the season. Brilliant performance from Cookie and good to see he’s conquering his demons. Another entertaining meeting at owlerton especially when Josh Pickering was on track. That lad is worth the admission money alone. Looking forward to the meeting with the Aces next week 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Two takeaways from this match - good to see Cookie back - he didnt really do too much wrong at Olwerton the other season and felt he was abit unlucky when they decided to make changes. The other is whats up with Magic he seems to be really struggling - expected more from him at Sheffield altho I expect all his races were tough and featured a Holder Brother or Woffinden.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

A good nights racing.   Pickering was better value than his score suggests.  Chris Holder seems to be getting back to his past form.

• Like 1

A cracking meeting from Cookie, saved Oxford from a pasting.