Arch Stanton

Witches v Lynn May 6th 2.15pm

Came thru a shower going over Orwell Bridge but still dry at Foxhall atm 

Posted (edited)

Will it make HT 10?. If it goes all the way. Ippo could hit 65:angry:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Will it make HT 10.

Dry as a bone a few miles away. The Foxhall cloud strikes again...:)

• Like 1

I can understand the point of getting to heat 10, Lynn were never gonna win of it gets to heat 15, not would they have a chance if it was re-arranged. But I feel for the public paying full price for 2/3 of a meeting.

Feel there should be some sort of refund in cases like these.

• Like 8

Glad I gave this one a swerve in favour of BV, that wasn't a classic, this one was never going to be... but at least I got to see 15 heats in Manchester!

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I can understand the point of getting to heat 10, Lynn were never gonna win of it gets to heat 15, not would they have a chance if it was re-arranged. But I feel for the public paying full price for 2/3 of a meeting.

Feel there should be some sort of refund in cases like these.

Saved money on points, so maybe, a pro rata refund..?  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Saved money on points, so maybe, a pro rata refund..?  

some promotions have in the past made the next meeting cheaper if you produce your ticket from the reduced meeting, or have i imainged that?

Anyhoo who would think BV would get through 15 heats on and Monday BH Meeting and Ipswich not given that Ipswich is in the driest part of the country and BV probably the wettest!

All but predictable ending sadly where the punters are short changed. 

Seems to dordle around at the start to let me more fans in, with a suspect forecast amazed the first heat wasn't at 1415 sharp.

Gates need sorting, just a sign to say where you need to queue up, less than impressed queueing in the adult cash line but because I had a child, had to queue up in the cash with adult and others line.... they did have an all card line not to be confused with the other lines.

Racing wasn't bad, Thompson and Wojdylo the stand outs. Less said about Lynn's middle order the better....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

All but predictable ending sadly where the punters are short changed. 

Seems to dordle around at the start to let me more fans in, with a suspect forecast amazed the first heat wasn't at 1415 sharp.

Gates need sorting, just a sign to say where you need to queue up, less than impressed queueing in the adult cash line but because I had a child, had to queue up in the cash with adult and others line.... they did have an all card line not to be confused with the other lines.

Racing wasn't bad, Thompson and Wojdylo the stand outs. Less said about Lynn's middle order the better....

Still people queuing to get in at 1415. The meeting start time at Foxhall is the parade with the first being 15 minutes after, has been forever, if you started earlier without notice in advance lots of regular later arrivers would be pretty peeved missing the first couple of heats.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Still people queuing to get in at 1415. The meeting start time at Foxhall is the parade with the first being 15 minutes after, has been forever, if you started earlier without notice in advance lots of regular later arrivers would be pretty peeved missing the first couple of heats.

Been the same at Lynn for years,7.30pm parade first race at 7.45pm.When the rain comes,the same people always seem to say why didn't they start on time,or if they had started on time they would have got the meeting done etc.It wouldn't be very good if there were 50 or so people getting in the stadium at 7.40pm already having missed 2 or 3 races.

40 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

People know what time it starts so get there on time, and open the turnstiles a bit earlier. Simples

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TINYS said:

People know what time it starts so get there on time, and open the turnstiles a bit earlier. Simples

Exactly they know what time it starts which was 1415, the start of the meeting is the parade with the first race 15 minutes later. Pretty straight forward really.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

unfortunately it looks as though a heavy shower put paid to the meeting.  just one of those things.  i don’t see any point in pontificating about it.  i doubt very much the lynn riders had the stomach for a fight.  they likely realised they were on a hiding to nothing so were quite happy to pack up and head home, live to fight another day

Edited by chun

Posted (edited)

Apparently the (council) ruling is that racing can’t start until half past two! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Confused 1