Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden Testimonial


Recommended Posts

BSN generally worked ok for me, a couple of interviews were garbled but not too bad. I must say Mitchell Davey does a good job as co commentator.

As for the actual meeting, by far the best i've seen Northampton track, smooth consistent track.

The racing was what you'd expect, no big risks taken, everyone came through unscathed, which is what you want to see this time of year.

 

 

 

Edited by mogmacrash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BSN was complete and utter pants for me last night, freezing and cutting out regularly during the whole presentation, I lost it finally just as the riders were selecting gates for the final, I never got it back.

The track looked lovely and smooth but provided nothing in the way of racing with riders strung out and little if any passing after a start which gave the yellow gate a ridiculous advantage that trackstaff were unable to rectify.

Northampton as a racing circuit is dreadful that’s four meetings I have watched this year and the racing has been poor all year.

The only plus last night was a good crowd for Tai, the fans however deserved better.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was there last night great weather big crowd and a amazingly run  slick meeting they got on with it minimal delays Tai will have had a great  pay day but let’s be honest the racing was pants follow the leader gate one a total grave yard it’s the second time I’ve been there this season and I certainly won’t be rushing back in 2027 but as I say it was all about Tai. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went on Saturday and thoughly enjoyed the meeting, track was fast and smooth and the riders gave it there all in every race. It was the biggest crowd for a meeting I have seen for years outside of the SGP's, which goes to show how Tai is respected and loved by all. Have a happy retirement Tai and enjoy whatever you get up to in it. 🙂

Got a couple of questions as in who was the man on the mike? I had never heard him before but I feel he needs to be employed at a few other tracks to liven up the crowds. 

Second question is regarding the food outlets, and who tried them? We looked at them and plumped for the salt and pepper chicken which we found hot spicy and delicious, are these outlets open at a normal Northampton meeting? (it was 5 star dining in a foil bag compared to what is offered at Sheffield) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2026 at 12:12 PM, Haza said:

I was there last night great weather big crowd and a amazingly run  slick meeting they got on with it minimal delays Tai will have had a great  pay day but let’s be honest the racing was pants follow the leader gate one a total grave yard it’s the second time I’ve been there this season and I certainly won’t be rushing back in 2027 but as I say it was all about Tai. 

Individual Sports

 

In an interview with Tai he said he put up £36k to promote (costs) the meeting, does anyone know what announcement Tai made about his future projects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, topaz325 said:

In an interview with Tai he said he put up £36k to promote (costs) the meeting, does anyone know what announcement Tai made about his future projects.

Tai said on BSN at Leicester that he was going to unveil a new project anyone say what it was ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy