TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago FYI. 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LisaColette Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 1 minute ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: FYI. If you have to doctor the photo then you have lost the argument! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago Just now, LisaColette said: If you have to doctor the photo then you have lost the argument! Have you heard about @Steve Shovlar? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
piston197 Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said: Pinny You were good mates with SCB. I just knew him as someone on here I talked to and saw occassionally at meetings. When he went to Prison I was as shocked as everyone else. On his release I messaged him to hope he would sort his life out and put it all behind him. Nothing wrong with that. I believe in people turning their lives around for the better. Sounds like the "Andrew Mountbatten Windsor defence " to me, contact after the conviction and sentence ,because he was an "honourable person" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PhilTheAce Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 14 minutes ago, LisaColette said: If you have to doctor the photo then you have lost the argument! What. Like shovlars 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ragdoll64 Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said: So I am honest and upfront and you are still not happy? I thought long and hard about explaining but should have guessed it would be a pile on regardless. I’ve always detested your posts on here with your pompous, “I know better than everyone” and “Poole can do no wrong” attitude. After reading this though, I not only detest you but am now sickened by you despite your so called “honesty” of your lengthy involvement in the pornographic “industry” and subsequent convictions. I’m so happy to hear that you made enough money from that despicable method to provide you and your daughter with a good life. What about the people’s daughters from whom you benefited ??? Honestly, If I were in your shoes, I would be keeping a low profile instead of continually mouthing off on here like butter wouldn’t melt in your mouth. 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ruckerroo Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago Fair play too scunny, i would wager about 1 in 100 would have given em a look in over 2 legs , great effort. 4 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bash Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said: Thanks Trackrat. On the line. Take your blinkers off you can't see any white line where his tyre is as he is inside it. Never have liked this rule, shouldn't have any wheels over the white line, not part of track IMO 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tinker Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago As a neutral I thought last night's meeting was a great advert for speedway. Maybe not much in the way of passing but plenty of incidents, controversy etc. Isn't this what we all want? Provided lots of debate, talking points as this thread has clearly shown. Was actually rooting for Scunthorpe and I have to hold my hand up and admit I was one of those who thought they had no chance at the beginning of the season. So well done to them and a fab effort. Poole do what Poole do and all credit to them for that. Very professional outfit, large raucous crowd and riders seem to love being in their team. In reality, Scunthorpe were the losers but the winner in my view was definitely speedway. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
therefused Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 2 minutes ago, Tinker said: In reality, Scunthorpe were the losers but the winner in my view was definitely speedway. reading this thread unfortunately i dont think that is the case. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
skydog Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago If his back wheel is ON the line and that makes it ok then the rule needs changing. Surely no wheels should cross the line? Didnt tracks used to be required to have a raised kerb? The rule should be that both wheels stay on the track. I have never seen anyone put their front wheel that far onto the grass. 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jbell1995 Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago I'm not sure a back wheel ever needs to be near the inside white line unless it is an act of avoiding danger. I've no currency in this but I find it disappointing that this is how the Championship title has been decided and the discourse post the meeting is dominating the discussion of what's been a brilliant season in the second tier. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tyler42 Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said: Everyone happy now? Clear as day evidence Cook was not over the line. Click on the image to enlarge it. You've taken one frame. Check it frame by frame. I've captured it from the rear angle. Are you saying his wheel is on the line here? It certainly doesn't look to be ln imo Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mikebv Posted 38 minutes ago Report Share Posted 38 minutes ago 22 minutes ago, tyler42 said: You've taken one frame. Check it frame by frame. I've captured it from the rear angle. Are you saying his wheel is on the line here? It certainly doesn't look to be ln imo It certainly looks like part of the back wheel "could" be on the line, therefore even using Speedways equivalent to VAR the decision wouldn't have been overturned.. 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mikebv Posted 36 minutes ago Report Share Posted 36 minutes ago 22 minutes ago, tyler42 said: You've taken one frame. Check it frame by frame. I've captured it from the rear angle. Are you saying his wheel is on the line here? It certainly doesn't look to be ln imo It certainly looks like part of the back wheel "could" be on the line, therefore even using Speedways equivalent to VAR the decision wouldn't have been overturned.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
tyler42 Posted 32 minutes ago Report Share Posted 32 minutes ago 2 hours ago, Trackrat said: Go back a couple of frames Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bleeds Pirate Blue Posted 20 minutes ago Report Share Posted 20 minutes ago Keep posting the same inconclusive evidence, perhaps if someone posts it for a fourth or fifth time, maybe the decision will miraculously change. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LisaColette Posted 1 minute ago Report Share Posted 1 minute ago 2 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: Have you heard about @Steve Shovlar? 2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said: What. Like shovlars Whoever does it, just weakens the argument if they have to change it. 16 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said: Keep posting the same inconclusive evidence, perhaps if someone posts it for a fourth or fifth time, maybe the decision will miraculously change. Thought it supposed to be riders going round in circles, not fans! The only way it will change is if Scunny complain and SCB take their side and punish ref or rerun the meeting. It says they cant change result of a race after the meeting has finished. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
marko Posted just now Report Share Posted just now I write this as a neutral, I am not Poole fan, or a Scunthorpe fan, I am Arena Essex, Poole have a history of getting away with things, but Godfrey is no angel either, he was a small part of the reason why the Hammers went out of business. Anyway I digress Video evidence has been used at speedway for some time now and any good referee would have watched that raced and noted down the fact that they might have to look again at the footage before declaring a result. There is no way you could call it in real time whether Cook’s rear tyre had crossed the line or not, it needed to be examined. The ref looked at it afterwards but only after being prompted too by David Howe, and then I suspect they would have only changed their minds had it been like with footballs VAR, not just a error, but a clear and obvious one, had speedway had someone in the pits acting as a overseer then they would not be able to overrule the decision because of that fact, some angles it did others were not conclusive. I think Poole did deserve to be champions but not because of what happened on the night but the fact they finished top of the table. Certainly last night I don’t think Poole cheated, they had a close call which could have gone against them but Zack didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, heck I recall years ago it was something of a in joke that Mick Poole would spend most of the season on the grass at the showground, he was famous for it. In summary, the ref could have handled it a lot better, the refereeing standards as a whole in this country have been very poor to put it nicely. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.