Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY OFF FINAL - SCUNTHORPE v POOLE v SCUNTHORPE (2 & 7 October)


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pinny

You were good mates with SCB. I just knew him as someone on here I talked to and saw occassionally at meetings. When he went to Prison I was as shocked as everyone else. On his release  I messaged him to hope he would sort his life out and put it all behind him. Nothing wrong with that.

I believe in people turning their lives around for the better. 

Sounds like the "Andrew Mountbatten Windsor defence " to me, contact after the conviction and sentence ,because he was an "honourable person"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So I am honest and upfront and you are still not happy? I thought long and hard about explaining but should have guessed it would be a pile on regardless.

 

I’ve always detested your posts on here with your pompous, “I know better than everyone” and “Poole can do no wrong” attitude. After reading this though, I not only detest you but am now sickened by you despite your so called “honesty” of your lengthy involvement in the pornographic “industry” and subsequent convictions. I’m so happy to hear that you made enough money from that despicable method to provide you and your daughter with a good life. What about the people’s daughters from whom you benefited ???  Honestly, If I were in your shoes, I would be keeping a low profile instead of continually mouthing off on here like butter wouldn’t melt in your mouth. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thanks Trackrat. On the line.

Take your blinkers off you can't see any white line where his tyre is as he is inside it. Never have liked this rule, shouldn't have any wheels over the white line, not part of track IMO

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a neutral I thought last night's meeting was a great advert for speedway. Maybe not much in the way of passing but plenty of incidents, controversy etc. Isn't this what we all want? Provided lots of debate, talking points as this thread has clearly shown. 

Was actually rooting for Scunthorpe and I have to hold my hand up and admit I was one of those who thought they had no chance at the beginning of the season. So well done to them and a fab effort. 

Poole do what Poole do and all credit to them for that. Very professional outfit, large raucous crowd and riders seem to love being in their team.

In reality, Scunthorpe were the losers but the winner in my view was definitely speedway. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If his back wheel is ON the line and that makes it ok then the rule needs changing.  Surely no wheels should cross the line? Didnt tracks used to be required to have a raised kerb? The rule should be that both wheels stay on the track. I have never seen anyone put their front wheel that far onto the grass.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure a back wheel ever needs to be near the inside white line unless it is an act of avoiding danger.

I've no currency in this but I find it disappointing that this is how the Championship title has been decided and the discourse post the meeting is dominating the discussion of what's been a brilliant season in the second tier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Everyone happy now? Clear as day evidence Cook was not over the line.
 

Click on the image to enlarge it.

IMG_5107.jpeg

You've taken one frame. Check it frame by frame. I've captured it from the rear angle. Are you saying his wheel is on the line here? It certainly doesn't look to be ln imo

Screenshot 2026-10-08 at 00.43.31.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

You've taken one frame. Check it frame by frame. I've captured it from the rear angle. Are you saying his wheel is on the line here? It certainly doesn't look to be ln imo

Screenshot 2026-10-08 at 00.43.31.png

It certainly looks like part of the back wheel "could" be on the line, therefore even using Speedways equivalent to VAR the decision wouldn't have been overturned..

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

You've taken one frame. Check it frame by frame. I've captured it from the rear angle. Are you saying his wheel is on the line here? It certainly doesn't look to be ln imo

Screenshot 2026-10-08 at 00.43.31.png

It certainly looks like part of the back wheel "could" be on the line, therefore even using Speedways equivalent to VAR the decision wouldn't have been overturned..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Have you heard about @Steve Shovlar?

 

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

What. Like shovlars 

Whoever does it, just weakens the argument if they have to change it. 

 

16 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Keep posting the same inconclusive evidence, perhaps if someone posts it for a fourth or fifth time, maybe the decision will miraculously change. 

Thought it supposed to be riders going round in circles, not fans!

The only way it will change is if Scunny complain and SCB take their side and punish ref or rerun the meeting. It says they cant change result of a race after the meeting has finished. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I write this as a neutral, I am not Poole fan, or a Scunthorpe fan, I am Arena Essex, Poole have a history of getting away with things, but Godfrey is no angel either, he was a small part of the reason why the Hammers went out of business.

Anyway I digress 

Video evidence has been used at speedway for some time now and any good referee would have watched that raced and noted down the fact that they might have to look again at the footage before declaring a result.

There is no way you could call it in real time whether Cook’s rear tyre had crossed the line or not,  it needed to be examined.

The ref looked at it afterwards but only after being prompted too by David Howe, and then I suspect they would have only changed their minds had it been like with footballs VAR, not just a error, but a clear and obvious one, had speedway had someone in the pits acting as a overseer then they would not be able to overrule the decision because of that fact, some angles it did others were not conclusive.

I think Poole did deserve to be champions but not because of what happened on the night but the fact they finished top of the table.

Certainly last night I don’t think Poole cheated, they had a close call which could have gone against them but Zack didn’t do anything out of the ordinary, heck I recall years ago it was something of a in joke that Mick Poole would spend most of the season on the grass at the showground, he was famous for it.

In summary, the ref could have handled it a lot better, the refereeing standards as a whole in this country have been very poor to put it nicely.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand how its being labelled 'cheating' either. It's not a deliberate act, as Cook knows if he has put both wheels inside the white line it, he gets excluded and Poole lose!!!???

I also note very few are asking quite how Jacob Hook re-injured his shoulder since Friday allowing Jenkins to guest and score 7+2. And yes, I am well aware Poole have played similar moves in the past - I am not excusing it. But all those sitting high and mighty on their soap boxes are very selective with what needs reviewing 🤣

One good thing out of all this is I've added a tonne of c*ck w*mbles to my block list as they've all come out the woodwork over the past 24 hours... 

Edited by Bleeds Pirate Blue
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy