YeOldPitGate Posted Friday at 02:28 PM Report Share Posted Friday at 02:28 PM 2 hours ago, Arthur73 said: To be fair if the Swedish tyre deal means Polish riders (and Lambert) no longer want to ride in Sweden they could look to the UK instead. If we have much fewer teams they might look to Denmark instead as it will be deemed more competitive despite them having fewer fixtures. Also, Grand Prix will be in Ipswich next year and Richard Coleman has said he intends to continue grand prixs at Belle Vue in future years. If you are a GP rider getting more practice on UK tracks might be very beneficial as Sweden has no GP next year. What the issue re Swedish GP Arthur they must have had a round since the series started and the track in the middle of a forest normally provides great racing , finances ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bagpuss Posted Friday at 06:16 PM Report Share Posted Friday at 06:16 PM 7 hours ago, SteveLyric2 said: Why is it assumed that getting speedway on tv in a new deal will also mean a huge cash bonus for the clubs? You're assuming that people are assuming! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Neila Posted Friday at 10:41 PM Report Share Posted Friday at 10:41 PM 11 hours ago, SteveLyric2 said: Why is it assumed that getting speedway on tv in a new deal will also mean a huge cash bonus for the clubs? My guess will be a ITV4 highlights deal, so very little money in that, these days apart from football the rest of sports on various platforms are having money reduced. Remember speedway only attracts a thousand or so fans to every meeting, so empty stadiums won't look good on a live broadcast Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daniel Smith Posted Friday at 11:30 PM Report Share Posted Friday at 11:30 PM 38 minutes ago, Neila said: My guess will be a ITV4 highlights deal, so very little money in that, these days apart from football the rest of sports on various platforms are having money reduced. Remember speedway only attracts a thousand or so fans to every meeting, so empty stadiums won't look good on a live broadcast As I've already said before, Terrestrial TV as highlights is perfect as it can cut out all the bad stuff of a live meeting, in the hope that a drip feed of floating spectators will go to a live meeting now & again. For now, stick with BSN for the already converted. Personally, I'd much rather British Speedway moved to YouTube. That way, you can have Live shows, call ins, interviews, Q&A's etc. Then have 3 Live meetings every week, from each league, all on the members only. That way, it's all in one place & there can be something for everyone. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
M.D Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago I have a gut feeling, and only that, that there is a person/people working behind the scenes wanting to take Eastbourne into the premier next season. As I said, it's only a gut feeling but I'm sure something is happening, I may be of course, completely wrong. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Marky_Mark Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 29 minutes ago, M.D said: I have a gut feeling, and only that, that there is a person/people working behind the scenes wanting to take Eastbourne into the premier next season. As I said, it's only a gut feeling but I'm sure something is happening, I may be of course, completely wrong. I already told you that a few days ago 😂 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cowboy cookie returns? Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 54 minutes ago, M.D said: I have a gut feeling, and only that, that there is a person/people working behind the scenes wanting to take Eastbourne into the premier next season. As I said, it's only a gut feeling but I'm sure something is happening, I may be of course, completely wrong. Possibly 2 & 2 making 5 but spedeworth owning the lease to the stadium & what appears to be a good working relationship with Mayfield perhaps going I together to run Eastbourne Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
M.D Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 32 minutes ago, Marky_Mark said: I already told you that a few days ago 😂 Tell me more then.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aries Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago (edited) We know clubs have made signings already so things must be pretty much agreed regarding points limits and league structures. Northampton are announcing a couple at their end of season do in a couple of weeks. Edited 1 hour ago by Aries Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Marky_Mark Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 18 minutes ago, M.D said: Tell me more then.. Just what I said on Wednesday, there is a consortium willing to run in the premiership next season, lots of positive conversations held. A different consortium from the one you were involved with that want to run national league. I got shot down in flames last year for saying Northampton was going to happen so I’ll not say too much out of respect to those involved but watch this space 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aries Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 1 minute ago, Marky_Mark said: Just what I said on Wednesday, there is a consortium willing to run in the premiership next season, lots of positive conversations held. A different consortium from the one you were involved with that want to run national league. I got shot down in flames last year for saying Northampton was going to happen so I’ll not say too much out of respect to those involved but watch this space Mayfield? Cookie has a point that Spedeworth and Richard Coleman already have a working relationship because of Foxhall. We also know Coleman wants an eight team league, and has taken it upon himself to negotiate a TV deal for the league so we know he’s actively involved all round. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.