British Speedway Forum

Except for the place in the final it's almost a pointless meeting.

You never know, we might just get 20 heats of entertaining speedway. :wink: - okay, maybe a few.

Personally v. glad its at Lynn again this Year, we went to B.V before to watch, were miles away from the action up in the stands, couldn't hardly see a thing and don't even get me started on the parking situation in Manchester ...it was a joke

Must admit your probably the only person who feels that, I thoroughly enjoyed my time. No problems with parking, left the car at the hotel and used the bus.

Surely morris can't be in. He had concussion. That's a 9 day ban.

That's the ACU rule, the FIM one is different, which means Morris may ride if passed fit.

Are we really fighting for a place directly in the final? To be honest we are trying to avoid being beaten by the USA to avoid ignominy. Except for the place in the final it's almost a pointless meeting or it should be with the USA without Hancock.

Not really going to be much of a spectacle I fear, with in reality, only two teams in it and of those, Australia will be too strong for GB. The other 2 may as well not be there and I reckon there will be lots of VERY strung out racers and races!!

Still, no doubt, the shouty twins will still find something to go ballistic over and start making their "monkey" noises when two riders actually get close to each other!

• Like 1

I think it's quite obvious which team will finish in which position and I feel it won't be close between any side. So hopefully the racing is decent!

Going for the first time since 2012.

Got in on the day last time. Would anyone envisage any problems doing the same this time?

Any help appreciated!

Hope there isn't any problems,this is the first year i haven't bought tickets in advance.Ticket office opens tomorrow at 2pm apparently.

I think it's quite obvious which team will finish in which position and I feel it won't be close between any side. So hopefully the racing is decent!

If that's the case we need USA to gate first,Czechs second,GB third and Aus last then the racing should be excellent.If the order was in reverse then don't expect to see much.

With the massive difference in the quality of teams, I don't expect much entertainment. Hope to be proved wrong however.

• Like 1

Not really going to be much of a spectacle I fear, with in reality, only two teams in it and of those, Australia will be too strong for GB. The other 2 may as well not be there and I reckon there will be lots of VERY strung out racers and races!!

Still, no doubt, the shouty twins will still find something to go ballistic over and start making their "monkey" noises when two riders actually get close to each other!

When it comes to the top teams in the speedway world we don't even come close, whereas Australia are capable of competing with the best.

Looking at the Aussie team, they are all capable gaters and here holds the key to the outcome. In the UK side, Cookie is the best gater and will be able to fight from the front, whereas Bomber and Lambert . will always be playing catch-up. You can't do that at this level. I am also in no doubt of the outcome.

If Buster provides a decent race track, then at least we could look forward to some exciting races...... But don't hold breath......

Sorry but you did say it can't be broken,then in the next sentence you said it might be a hairline fracture.When a fracture is a break.So either it is broken or it isn't,what do you reckon :wink:

Anyway onwards and upwards he rides tomorrow and hopefully he does GB proud along with the rest of them.

Yes, GB will win this i reckon. They never describe a hairline fracture as a hairline break, i knew it was broken, my bad. When my wrist broke the bone popped the skin and no way i could ride.

GB to win.

With the massive difference in the quality of teams, I don't expect much entertainment. Hope to be proved wrong however.

I think if all teams were equal I still wouldn't expect much entertainment

I'm hoping GB put the gloves on and give the whinging Aussies a bashing

• Like 1

Yes, GB will win this i reckon. They never describe a hairline fracture as a hairline break, i knew it was broken, my bad. When my wrist broke the bone popped the skin and no way i could ride.

GB to win.

A fracture is just a clinical term for a break.Some doctors will say a break where others will say a fracture.When your bone pops through the skin this is normally termed as a compound fracture.

• Like 1

I wonder how the powers that be came up with the idea of 'JOKER' ???

Team GB already played their joker...... by naming Rossiter as manager!

Have they ? love him or hate him he done really well so far . guess you miss our result last year ?

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

Must admit your probably the only person who feels that, I thoroughly enjoyed my time. No problems with parking, left the car at the hotel and used the bus.

I think you are right. Haven't seen a single other person complain about the viewing at the NSS. Totally amazed anyonecwouldxrather watch at Kings Lynn

Let's just hope it's a decent race track and not the pile of sh*t we have to put up with every week for league racing. Want to see close, fast exciting racing not just gate and follow the leader crap

• Like 2

Let's just hope it's a decent race track and not the pile of sh*t we have to put up with every week for league racing. Want to see close, fast exciting racing not just gate and follow the leader crap

The World Cup needs to provide good, close exciting and entertaining racing if it is to retain a prominent position in speedway because it seems that only the GPs currently offer that to the spectator. Fingers crossed!