British Speedway Forum

Natalie is great. But I get the feeling she is trying to flog a dead horse attempting to entice Nicholls to stray from the utterly banal and bleeping obvious. She is very professional in not allowing her frustration to show in that respect, unlike Perry who occasionally does.

Pearson reminds me of a rather poor version of Murray Walker. His brain and mouth don't seem to be in complete synch. Tatum tries to play the James Hunt role apart from the hollering. And this thing with deliberately using the stock phrases is well past it's sellby date.

• Like 1

Ok my thoughts on BT and the studio.

I think the BT coverage is pretty good, but the studio part is very mundane.

Natalie is fine, but Scott Nicholls is too afraid to speak his mind or say anything slightly controversial in fear of upsetting one of his mates, or rocking the boat with the authorities.

There is controvesy and nothing is said. Stuff is brushed away when it should be debated.

Personally, there needs to be another face in the studio either alongside Nicholls or to even replace him. A third person might inject wider debate and bring up incidents, talking openly, if they are not tied to the sport like Nicholls is. How about a fan going on, or an ex rider who says things as it is?

Personally I like Pearson and Tatum. They are very enthusiastic and it shows, similar to the Polish commentators in the extraleague, who also ger very shouty. Rather have commentary like that than the sec comentary team, who still do a decent job if a more matter of fact style.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Natalie is fine, but Scott Nicholls is too afraid to speak his mind or say anything slightly controversial in fear of upsetting one of his mates, or rocking the boat with the authorities.

There is controvesy and nothing is said. Stuff is brushed away when it should be debated.

Personally, there needs to be another face in the studio either alongside Nicholls or to even replace him. A third person might inject wider debate and bring up incidents, talking openly, if they are not tied to the sport like Nicholls is. How about a fan going on, or an ex rider who says things as it is?

Personally I like Pearson and Tatum. They are very enthusiastic and it shows, similar to the Polish commentators in the extraleague, who also ger very shouty. Rather have commentary like that than the sec comentary team, who still do a decent job if a more matter of fact style.

Good points, especially regarding a third studio guest, a bit like when sky used to have say Loram & Havelock, (no I'm not advocating Havelock), their conversation would naturally generate debate, it needs to be someone who won't pull any punches. Any ideas? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Good points, especially regarding a third studio guest, a bit like when sky used to have say Loram & Havelock, (no I'm not advocating Havelock), their conversation would naturally generate debate, it needs to be someone who won't pull any punches. Any ideas? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Peter Collins, Michael Lee? :shock:;)

Peter Collins, Michael Lee? :shock:;)

John Davis who comes over as very articulate...although was never a fan of his when a rider despite seeing him blossom at Oxford.

I think Michael Lee would do well as he is a good speaker and has forthright non establishment views.

I think Michael Lee would do well as he is a good speaker and has forthright non establishment views.

TOO much baggage sadly

Bring back Dave Norris for the extra studio guest or even Joe Screen

• Like 2

Think you probably need an ex-rider in studio to get proper debate Scott is ok but does not want to diss any of his riding companions.David Norris !!

Bring back Dave Norris for the extra studio guest or even Joe Screen

See you just beat me to it regarding Norris!!!

Natalie is great. But I get the feeling she is trying to flog a dead horse attempting to entice Nicholls to stray from the utterly banal and bleeping obvious. She is very professional in not allowing her frustration to show in that respect, unlike Perry who occasionally does.

Pearson reminds me of a rather poor version of Murray Walker. His brain and mouth don't seem to be in complete synch. Tatum tries to play the James Hunt role apart from the hollering. And this thing with deliberately using the stock phrases is well past it's sellby date.

What has been quite interesting is, when Tatum has been the main commentator on the rare occasions, the shouting and screaming stops. A couple of years ago when the world team final was re-run on a Sunday morning Tatum and Louis were the commentators. Tatum as the lead was superb no shouting out, just sensible and very enjoyable commentary with Louis giving the more technical side of things. Imo that's how it should be.

• Like 2

lets hope B.T. pull the plug on speedway coverage !

it may stop a good few posters slagging the coverage off. just be thankful that there is some speedway on your tv.

i dont understand fans bad mouthing the coverage off . its on tv for gods sake . enjoy it while . its there .

murdoch has seen the last of my money and hopefully B.T. will see more of it in the coming years .

but it wont be on if people keep twisting the knives in B.T.s back ..

lets hope B.T. pull the plug on speedway coverage !

it may stop a good few posters slagging the coverage off. just be thankful that there is some speedway on your tv.

i dont understand fans bad mouthing the coverage off . its on tv for gods sake . enjoy it while . its there .

murdoch has seen the last of my money and hopefully B.T. will see more of it in the coming years .

but it wont be on if people keep twisting the knives in B.T.s back ..

Think you'll find the vast majority of comments here regarding the coverage are constructive rather than 'bad mouthing', we're all grateful that BT took it on but there's no harm in commenting on how they may improve it.

So I reckon you're the only one here who hopes they pull the plug.

• Like 2

Tai Woffinden in the studio during world cup week could spark some lively debate :)

• Like 1

Tai Woffinden in the studio during world cup week could spark some lively debate :)

thank god you put a smiley after it :nono:

• Like 1

Until he decided he didn't want people to know what he really thought and walked off set (tv version of deleting tweets) :P