British Speedway Forum
therefused

Kings Lynn V Poole 25/04/18

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good for me. I should be able to make the re staging. Bad for the Poole fans who are already there though.  

Is it a case of its tipped down in the last hour or another call off because it might rain ? In which case it could have been called off first thing this morning. 

Shouldn't you know,i thought you knew everything weather related.

Can’t tell with Kings Lynn. They normally call meetings off two or three days before. 

Long way to travel when there’s an unreliable promotion. 

Good call.  Some wont be happy, but it seems the Promotions are getting their act together and not asking the public to pay out good money for nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Just seen a tweet that he is not riding for Poole tomorrow against the Bloaters as personal issues remain unsolved. Strangely they are solved in Poland;)

The local Echo speedway reporter has stated CH will not be riding on Thursday as his personal issues are still not resolved.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, semion said:

Good call.  Some wont be happy, but it seems the Promotions are getting their act together and not asking the public to pay out good money for nothing.

Spot on - fans are fed up with being mugged 

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Maybe a UK visa issue?

Could it be an average manipulation by us to get Chris in for Szczepaniak or Shanes. Maybe we are throwing meeting's away deliberately to fit Chris in for one of those. 

Its either one of the above that's for sure because he has been riding in Poland.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to ride for you, it's no secret he wanted to go to Somerset with Jack

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can’t tell with Kings Lynn. They normally call meetings off two or three days before. 

Long way to travel when there’s an unreliable promotion. 

How would you describe the word normally.I'm puzzled because i think your description of normal(ly)must differ from mine.

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Just seen a tweet that he is not riding for Poole tomorrow against the Bloaters as personal issues remain unsolved. Strangely they are solved in Poland;)

He didn't have a passport, he now has and should also now have a visa.  Can't see why it's still being referred to as 'personal issues'.  Meetings are being called off this year if there appears to be anything other than a dry week, certainly at some tracks.  With the weather being so changeable I think this could spell the end for Professional speedway in this country as we gradually lose any sort of continuity and the fans disappear.  I've watched loads of rain affected meetings before and those run of very wet surfaces - many of which have been really entertaining.

Edited by SPEEDY69

It is a shame for Holder really re-his passport visa etc.  To think if his Great Grandfather  hadn't been such a robbing old goat he could have been English and not needed one to ride here. :wink:

Edited by semion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Another sensible call off. Everyone knows where they stand.

The problem of course comes if they run out of dates when they could have run a meeting in damp conditions in front of a reduced crowd......

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Another sensible call off. Everyone knows where they stand.

The problem of course comes if they run out of dates when they could have run a meeting in damp conditions in front of a reduced crowd......

Might also be a good way of prolonging the season beyond July,  for some clubs, with less scheduled meetings this year:unsure::lol:

It will soon become a problem getting these fixtures in on a Wednesday.Just had a quick look and we have 5 free Wednesday's up until the end of the season.Poole are riding on 4 of those Wednesdays and Wolves on 3 of them.What happens if we beat Leicester in the cup.I can already see Lynn will have to ride on an off night.