British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Belle Vue v Ipswich Monday June 6th Live on TV

Doyle off 1 and Batchelor in Heat 15. Hawkins doing an impression of Mark Lemon imo. 

Should've been Doyle off 3 and King in Heat 15

• Like 2

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

Doyle off 1 sure lost it for them

Would have lost anyway,Batchelor in ht15:blink:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Can  I hear that big negative drum being banged yet again? You must have very tired arms.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

It could be both but it's the constant banging of the same tune that grates.

But he 'bangs the drum' when there is cause to, and with British speedway it's so often because it is run so badly. Happy clap if you like but the fixture planning, the team line ups and as a result the crowd tonight were embarrassing. I'm surprised so many people paid £20+ to go and watch it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Doyle off 1 sure lost it for them

I think Ben Barker's efs cost them a win.  Either way a good meeting, NSS comes up with the goods again.

• Like 1

Decent meeting, still not quite the level of the last few years at the NSS, but still definitely worth a watch given even a "decent meeting" from there is often a few steps up from many other places...

The racing seems to be improving just a little later than it used to...

Surprised they used Batch and not King in 15..

Good meeting, 2 top teams and top racing and a really good result for Aces..

BUT OMG what a very poor crowd!! The camera shots made it even worse. What is the problem with British speedway? 

Zagar superb tonight. Like the rider I saw at Brandon in years past. Doyle almost imperious. Good meeting and some good hard riding from both sides. Nice to see Brennon and Hume giving it a good go - both riders look promising. Surprise appearance of the night - the Ermolemko mullet!

And the track again was very good although I know some on this thread would have been disappointed not to see a nice blue groove like they are used to.

Close meeting Eurosport / Discovery will be happy - last heat decided although Kelvin was begging for the "superheat". Personally I would of put Doyle off 3 - I wonder whether he chose that or was told to go off 1.  

Woeful crowd in the grandstand - very disappointing.  

Thought Danyon Hume deserved more points for the effort. 

3 minutes ago, bluebee said:

Zagar superb tonight. Like the rider I saw at Brandon in years past. Doyle almost imperious. Good meeting and some good hard riding from both sides. Nice to see Brennon and Hume giving it a good go - both riders look promising. Surprise appearance of the night - the Ermolemko mullet!

And the track again was very good although I know some on this thread would have been disappointed not to see a nice blue groove like they are used to.

The track came to the party in the latter heats

BB no complaints about the track My comment was directed elsewhere

• Like 1

Professional analysation :rofl:

Edited by iainb

31 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Close meeting Eurosport / Discovery will be happy - last heat decided although Kelvin was begging for the "superheat". Personally I would of put Doyle off 3 - I wonder whether he chose that or was told to go off 1.  

Woeful crowd in the grandstand - very disappointing.  

Thought Danyon Hume deserved more points for the effort. 

Not so sure Discovery will be happy with the lack of support on the terraces like at Ipswich.

Ur trying to sell a product to a new audience to attend and any potential new audience will be thinking "well it can't be that appealing coz hardly anyone attends".

If I was the head of sport at Discovery I'd be thinking this is very embarrassing for our name.

Even if TV viewing figures are holding up is it mainly hardcore fans that are watching? 

Finally put it this way.......if you watched a sport on TV that you hadn't seen before would you be encouraged to go or even watch on TV again if there were hardly any spectators in attendance?

:cry:

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 2