British Speedway Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. mikebv

Ipswich v Sheffield April 25th

A deceptively dry day...
  3. I only mentioned Flint because if Lee is banned we may be forced into very early team changes and him or Starke could be in danger of losing a spot (don't think it'd be fair on either), both need to be on their A game. Hope Lee is back and we can focus on getting all the riders comfortable instead of making any changes.
  4. Yesterday
  5. TheWellBehavedWorrall

Edinburgh V Berwick BSN Trophy 26th April

Just saw that heat fifteen on BSN. Wow. What a ride from Schlein. The two Monarchs seemed to ignore him after the race. Sedgmen definitely did; Schlein had his hand up for an embrace, but Sedgmen looked at him and didn’t offer the same in return. Bizarre. Perhaps a little embarrassed at being absolutely bullied by Schlein on their home circuit? Also, is it normal for the winner of heat fifteen to go straight back to the pits? Schlein did and I assume there are travelling Bandits fans who would have been grateful for a lap of honour in appreciation.
  6. That was a great win, but it felt closer than a twelve points swing. I thought Masters and Nicholls looked untouchable at times. Masters had mechanical issues at Ashfield towards the end of last season too. Nightmare for him. That Flint and Starke pairing is doing exactly what is expected in terms of points, but I don’t know what it is; Flint doesn’t look comfortable around Ashfield and Starke appears to lack pace, rendering neither a threat to the rider ahead of them. Pijper versus Boughen in heat two was outstanding. 17 and 16 years-old respectively and they’re weaving in and out of one another. We’ll be watching them go toe-to-toe at a much higher level in the future, I’m sure. Best wishes to Pijper.
  7. Monarchs2468

Your scepticism is justified. Josh misses the gate same as always and at Armadale that's a real issue, Lasse hits the fence a lot, Kye is inconsistent, Paco....is Paco, Justin is 'new', Connor can gate better than Bastian but is that enough.. and Max is great and I want to see his progression. In summary we aren't better than last season. But as long as there is good racing I don't mind at all.
  8. Fromafar

Fair bit of self destruct for Berwick tonight.Not a bad meeting though.Some good passing moves..Not overly convinced with Monarchs but they done the job tonight.Fair play to them.
  9. The Updates site are looking for someone to text from the meeting, If you can please get in touch Thanks in advance
  10. Monarchs2468

Kye is just inconsistent. He'll win a heat you least expect then miss the gate and be way off the pace in others. Personally, I'm glad he's back with us as I'm eternally hopeful he'll get that consistency.
  11. I think if both teams win at home, they'll both go through.
  12. You're not gonna get a better 2.00 rider than McGurk, so Liebmann is the obvious rider to be replaced if Workington want to strengthen up.
  13. Gilkes average is far higher than Glasgow's bottom 4, so no chance of him signing. I thought the same thing too about Boughen, by getting Killeen's minimum 3 rides "out of the way" Boughen had to go in 3 out of 4 races, probably tiring man & machine, so that wasn't clever.
  14. Monarchs2468

Speedway of Nations 2024

You make some great points. I'd like to ask a question for those 'in the know'. I went to SWC in Wroclaw last year (incredible trip, would highly recommend) and the two semis and race off were pretty poor by what I had expected from that track but apparently it was to preserve the track for the final. I don't know if that's true, but if it is then is the NSS in a similar situation?
  15. Yea unfortunately our reserves are the week link, got to give them time, but the big question is how much time, but bigger question who maybe available to replace one of them? Imo Celina is on the pace if only she could gate better
  16. stevehone

GP abroad…

Riga is a nice city and the GP will be in the day (they have no lighting) so still time to go out after the meeting. Warsaw is always a great atmosphere and a fabulous city to explore
  17. Redcar's reserves done their job tonight.
  18. What caught my eye about Leon was that he wasn't very smooth. I sit at the 3rd bend and he seemed to be making a helluva lot of effort, whilst others, such as Jimmy P, appeared to be nice and smooth. Obviously I wasn't taping everyone and analysing them in detail, but it caught my eye. As the 3rd bend is my usual perch I must compliment the track staff on whatever they've done to the 3rd bend. The racing tonight was just fantastic. I didn't think Ashfield could get any better. Jeezo, that Ashton Boughen looks a prospect. He's a bit "watch him through yer fingers" but boy has the lad got some speed.
  19. Steve Worral looking good out the gates tonight and also think he had more passes tonight than he did in 3 seasons at Wimborne road.
  20. Leon scored paid 10 from 4 rides which for your 3rd heat leader is more than acceptable. I agree he is still lacking speed but with our injury/suspension issues he is the least of our worries.
  21. Smith riding like he's been told there's a contract available, man of the match only out scored by Harris. Might be worth experimenting swapping Pearson and Starke at home, Pearson looking much more comfortable. Leon to me still not good enough, his 2 3rds were very nearly lasts and his 2 wins were heats he should be easily winning.
  22. Did he look good when he was riding? I know he lacked some serious confidence last year and never looked like passing anyone and didn't look comfortable on the bends.
  23. Ryehouseforever

I thought Berwick despite engine failures and falls leading to two rider withdrawals recovered valiantly. They all gave it everything. Never threw it in. Rory was fantastic in Heat 15 . How he squeezed Pickering and Sedgmen was breath taking.
  24. Had bike issues in next 2 rides was winning both but pulled up both times on the 3rd lap
  25. Anyone got any info on the junior game after comets vs redcar? Seen Harry was riding and would like to see he done. I know he won the first.
  26. Do not think anybody was predicting a 12 point win this evening. Some superb racing especially with heat 12. Special mention to Jack Smith who has certainly improved as a rider and ended up scoring paid more than the other 3 reserves combined.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy