All Activity
- Past hour
-
Armadale, 7:30PM (UK time)6:30PM (Ghana time). 48-42 to the Monarchs, so we’ll likely need the referee to “accidentally” stop the race every time a home rider is leading, similar to what happened to Kye Thomson in last season’s play-off final at Ashfield. My prediction? Flint and Harris to flatter to deceive, Hagon to fail to register a single point and KJP to score 2 from his first 3 riders, then do two laps of honour and a burnout when he wins a meaningless heat 14. Can’t wait. No Mario Rickardsson, sorry, I mean Hasul. Why? Nobody knows. Probably can’t be arsed.
-
I thought the fuel was got from somewhere in the pits and all the riders got there fuel from their.This was supposed to stop any jiggery pokery.
-
These dates now confirmed
-
Not quite right. The Chairman for the majority of the National League's (extremely successful) independent run in the '80s was actually Danny Dunton. Mervyn Stewkesbury took over for the 1988 season -- elected after a contest with Martin Rogers -- but was promoter at Poole by then, having moved from Weymouth in 1985. Mervyn headed the NL for three seasons, before engineering the re-amalgamation of the two leagues for 1991. This moved Poole, Ipswich, Berwick and Wimbledon (who became Eastbourne mid-season), up, but left the NL in bad shape and led to the disastrous "one big league" of 1995/6. History thus warns us of what can happen when the top league pulls successful clubs out of a well-run second division. In conclusion, were the current Championship to go its own way, run its own affairs, this might not be a bad thing at all.
-
Fair enough can’t argue with that 😂
-
Poole 2027
TheWellBehavedWorrall replied to Steve Shovlar's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Nope. See for yourself: Rule 14.7 (b) - Club Superiority Exemption A club may approach any rider contracted to another club where it can demonstrate that it has: A. a superior racing track; and B. more handsome supporters In such circumstances, normal restrictions on rider approaches shall not apply. -
Maybe they might do it like the rising Star in the top league, where the available riders are listed, and clubs get a reverse finish pick, bottom of league 1st 🤔 so worky finished 2nd bottom, can I choose who's left from cairns or Rushen for the Comets 🤣
-
Well you did steal boughen from Oxford and look what happened there 😜
-
It might annoy you but Onesport who pay a fraction for the SEC rights compared to the GP were muscling in on using GP riders in the series and this was a FIM compromise. Only GP riders that finish in the top 6 of the SEC standings can carry on in the SEC the following season- none can do qualifying or be wildcard picks.
-
As Poole haven’t completed their season yet would this not be a breach of rules?
-
I think your taking things to the extreme. The fuel is not completly frozen it is chilled below the ambient temp in a fridge or freezer. Some riders are bringing portable chiller units into the pits where the may keep the fuel or frozen air filters.
-
Nothing. He would listen to you , shake your hand and then let you go back to where you came. The point is that those who complain the most are the least likely to even go to a speedway track .
-
I'd be happy to say it to his face. He is scum. And if he signed for a team I supported, he wouldn't be my hero. Far from it. The total opposite in fact.
-
I haven't been calling him out or offering an opinion on here at all but I'm now curious as to why you think someone would be reticent to give their opinion to him directly - what would happen?
-
I doubt any of you who are calling Garrity would have the b"llocks to say it to his face. You all hide behind your keyboards. He's been a very naughty boy more than once and has done his time. As I've said before you can call him all you want but as soon as he signs for your team and bangs in the points he'll be your hero all of a sudden.
- Today
-
Poole 2027
TheWellBehavedWorrall replied to Steve Shovlar's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Rumour going around we’ve (The 2023 Championship champions and owners of the greatest track in world speedway) approached Cairns and Rushen for 2027. Make of that what you will. -
Glasgow Tigers 2027
TheWellBehavedWorrall replied to TheWellBehavedWorrall's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I wouldn’t be surprised. There’s been several occasions, Friday night included, where he’s looked like it’s his first time on a speedway bike. Disappointing, regardless. The paying fans deserve an answer. -
Several riders have been top league standard and even world class before 21 years old. I don't like age restrictions as the sport should cater for talent so your suggestion of of achievement before being placed in the top league has merit as so many do struggle, but we have also seen success stories there (Loram and Screen spring to mind). If they're talented enough they will shine through.
-
All guesses not assumptions, I’d expect Lawson to be back as Zach won’t do Champ. I’d love Cairns to be back as I think he’s ready to be at 3, and at Poole could even ride at 5. Slater on a 4 is a bargain, as is Kennett on a 4.62. I put King in as his ave is under 8 so I think he will have many clubs after him. I’d happily have Anders back, his average of 6.3ish(can’t remember of the top of my head) also leaves more points else where to spend.
-
The perfect response to a snivelling Troll. Fair play 👏🏻
-
Glasgow Tigers 2027
Sings4Speedway replied to TheWellBehavedWorrall's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
I think this will be a big problem for several sides next season. The NDL just isn't a conveyor belt anymore and the few 2.00 riders that are close to stepping up are still probably a season away. Doesn't mean i don't expect to see Binns, Norman, Fletcher or Southwick thrown in somewhere but it will remain to be seen if the go the Ingram or Etherington route.... -
Yes he committed a heinous crime and has now finished his time, but what about the crimes committed by a couples of Aussies and a Brit that was swept under the carpet with money in front of it. Did they learn, have they ever been punished or continually berated.
-
Its great news that the Comets return in 2027. Personally I would like to see Batch back as he has been a cornerstone of the team this year. Tate is coming into his own again so he would be a goode signing, as would Vinnie. After that Im open to ideas. Jonas would be an option but not Jacobsen or Perry for me.